Where Giants Roam...post'em

s14phoenix

cant remember if I have posted this one yet but here is my Reign with a very sexy Yeti photo bombing

What Yeti??? I see no abominable snowman... nice shot :thumbup:

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMF that's hawt... just don't agree with the bar tape colour and bottle cages... :eek:

ye i tried something, but now seeing them together I agree the first look a bit better.

Too bad I lost the front wheel, but I think I will put the bottle cages on the mtb and put black handlebar tape back on.

ye i tried something, but now seeing them together I agree the first look a bit better.

Too bad I lost the front wheel, but I think I will put the bottle cages on the mtb and put black handlebar tape back on.

I see you changed the stem as well. "lost" the front wheel? Define lost?

I see you changed the stem as well. "lost" the front wheel? Define lost?

Ye the first stem was to long, so the foto was taken while I waited for the new one.

Hit a pothole and the Rim cracked.. Got a replacement, but it doesn't have the branding on it

You happy with this Anthem? My XTC got smashed a week ago so looking to go dual and this is on my short list.  :ph34r:

I have an Anthem 27.5, 2014 model. I LOVE the bike to bits... It is a machine. It can handle anything and everything.

I have an Anthem 27.5, 2014 model. I LOVE the bike to bits... It is a machine. It can handle anything and everything.

Also bought an Anthem 27.5 in December after riding a Scott for the last 5 years it is like starting all over again. Awesome bike

Well coming from a hardtail racing machine I would probably have some work to do... between the Anthem and the Trance at the moment... eish decisions decisions

Same post from the Enduro thread

So, never ever though i would post here. Still not quite sure what i know or think i know about Enduro... nevertheless this bike is really really close to me as its taken me from May '14 when i purchased the frame 2nd hand until about last week i finally completed it.

Tomorrow should hopefully be her first ride, still need some tips on setup.

Let me tell you this, my everyday bike is a Steel Rigid 29er, its my all time favourite. This here is my very first Dual/Full suspension bike. The rear seems very soft and bouncy, my weight is about 63kgs, i've just pumped the rear shock to about 160psi the front taken pressure from my racing bike is about 105psi.

Specs are as follows :

Giant Trance X 29er Small Frame

Suntour Epicon 120mm Fork

Fox Float RP23

Shimano XT ICE Tech Brakes 180mm F and 160mm R

Giant Stealth Dropper Post

Sram X9 Type 2 Long Cage Rear Mech

Sram S100(not sure) Carbon Cranks

Wolftooth 34T Upfront

XT 11-32 Cassette

XT Trail Pedals

Rapide 720mm wide Flat Bars

FUNN 80mm Stem

ESI Chunky Green Grips

Selle Italia SLR Saddle

Maxxis Ardent 2.25 Upfront and Bontrager EXP 2.20 Rear

Enjoy!!!

post-8906-0-95240000-1421955205_thumb.jpg

post-8906-0-92425900-1421955216_thumb.jpg

post-8906-0-34581200-1421955227_thumb.jpg

post-8906-0-61889100-1421955242_thumb.jpg

post-8906-0-95918300-1421955256_thumb.jpg

post-8906-0-84335400-1421955275_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case some one is interested, I have a Giant Reign X. I recently replaced all the bearings for the suspension pivots at Giant in Durbanville (awesome service BTW) and after a ride at Jonkershoek I noticed some play in the rear suspension.

I had a friend of mine machine me some bushes a while ago ( a month or so ) and well, they were worn out, completely. See image.

Turns out that Fox make mounting hardware in various sizes to fit different frame sizes and shocks. Again Giant in Durbanville sorted me out instantly while I was in the store, even though they were lank busy.

No more play and it seems that this could be a more permanent fix!

Most of you probably already know this, but I was uneducated and thought that I would share.

post-38794-0-62762100-1422728116_thumb.jpg