Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When my dad passed away I had access to his DSTV profile online. I switched the Premium down to the absolute lowest option they have after his passing and then later did all the paperwork to finally close the account. Maybe an interim step to use in the meantime?

When my dad passed away I had access to his DSTV profile online. I switched the Premium down to the absolute lowest option they have after his passing and then later did all the paperwork to finally close the account. Maybe an interim step to use in the meantime?

Fanks Pal..That could work

I cancelled mine online (was able to at the time). First time was when I had a debit order running (2017) and the second time when I paid monthly (2018).

After a quick Google search, I found this link that explains the debit order process:

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other/how-to-cancel-dstv-subscription/ar-BB10uYYW

How to cancel DStv subscription

The procedure to cancelling your current package will highly depend on the method you use to pay for your monthly contributions. People who use a debit order follow a different procedure from those using M-Pesa pay bill and mobile banking. Here is everything you need to know about DStv cancellation email address, number, and the process involved.

How to cancel DStv debit order

A debit order is a payment method that gives consent to collect your monthly subscription from your bank account. It is an agreement between you and DStv hence your bank can never cancel it.

To cancel this, you need to fill in a DStv cancellation form or revoke instructions via writing at any of their branches a month before your next billing cycle. It will give the management an ample time to work on your request within the last month you need to enjoy the services.

That last sentence doesn’t make sense... enjoying the services after canceling. If one enjoys it, why cancel [emoji2957]

@Vetseun

It’s been a while ago but reaching DSTV on Messenger Service on VleisBoek was very useful and hassle-free and they assisted me within the hour.

Sterkte.

@Gen

What’s the best way to get a VPN?

Asking for a friend. ????

@Vetseun

It’s been a while ago but reaching DSTV on Messenger Service on VleisBoek was very useful and hassle-free and they assisted me within the hour.

Sterkte.

@Gen

What’s the best way to get a VPN?

Asking for a friend. [emoji48]

I use Express VPN

Its also useful to ensure your connection is secure [emoji106]

Download and sign up...easy peasy.

https://www.expressvpn.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwrcH3BRApEiwAxjdPTekN8TnfN57tfYuD1VHgGDIXrI_Djh2NWZWdI3o4_vnQ7nhgDjIQnRoC6y8QAvD_BwE&refID=ZA_EN_Brand_MCC_SRC_MOB

Edited by Gen

sort of related, have a buddy who works high up in the cable industry in the states.

Says they are getting massacred by streaming services currently, mainly due to it always going to happen but lack of live sports has pushed it that way quickly.

the real question is...no spend on live sports, means no money for sportsmen (and all related people behind the scenes to make it work). I'd be very worried for my future if i was a pro athlete, or one of the 3-5 people who are employed by the industry behind it.

I went online and just disconnected my package . I chose the soonest date which was available on the options. My subscription was disconnected on said date but a final debit order still went off for that month. 

Had a look at my balance and it was showing a negative amount . Used the chat option on the website to ask for a refund and after waiting half hour eventually got a response . It will take 7 to 14 working days for the refund , this was done yesterday so I will wait and see.   

sort of related, have a buddy who works high up in the cable industry in the states.

Says they are getting massacred by streaming services currently, mainly due to it always going to happen but lack of live sports has pushed it that way quickly.

the real question is...no spend on live sports, means no money for sportsmen (and all related people behind the scenes to make it work). I'd be very worried for my future if i was a pro athlete, or one of the 3-5 people who are employed by the industry behind it.

I'm pretty sure some streaming service will be eager to pick up the tab if the cable/dstv brigade go bust.

I use Express VPN

Its also useful to ensure your connection is secure slow [emoji106]

Fixed it for you :)

Im not a VPN fan at all for normal use, the overhead affects latency quite a bit.

Fixed it for you :)

Im not a VPN fan at all for normal use, the overhead affects latency quite a bit.

Can't say that I'm noticing much difference with my NordVPN to be honest. Added to that, they actually have servers in South Africa, so it's not like it's routing to the EU/US, back, and then to wherever it's supposed to go.

Can't say that I'm noticing much difference with my NordVPN to be honest. Added to that, they actually have servers in South Africa, so it's not like it's routing to the EU/US, back, and then to wherever it's supposed to go.

It depends on your connection speed and how latency sensitive your applications are.

There has to be an overhead with encryption and decryption of packets in any VPN situation.

Having a local POP helps if they have the bandwidth but its never going to be as fast as not using a VPN.

• 3 weeks later...

Heard some chit chat at the office today, then found this in my FB feed. SA pricing (if it ever comes to that) will probably be quite pricey.

cca0d617945fba4abad5eae1630a1d85.jpg

Heard some chit chat at the office today, then found this in my FB feed. SA pricing (if it ever comes to that) will probably be quite pricey.

cca0d617945fba4abad5eae1630a1d85.jpg

Yeah they are apparently working on a deal with Netflix and another streaming service[emoji849]