Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

Got the Roku setup last night, using both Getflix and Unotelly, both still in trial mode.

I apparently now live in the USA and the U.K., and if they ever phone my number they will get through to one of the two pubs I frequent almost every night.

I'm sure there are a million things I still need to do, including finding a way to stream sports. At least I know Kodi works, so if all else fails I use my tablet from time to time.

Kids have Disney and a few other "cool" movie channels for them, but I'm quite disappointed with the movies/series available on the free services.

I guess Netflix at $9.99 might have to do, unless there's something I'm missing...?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk of Netflix...has anyone else been using Hulu?

I prefer Hulu for the current shows, the down side with Netflix is that they only add a series once its ended completed, Hulu has the episodes before DSTV's "Express from the US".

Got the Roku setup last night, using both Getflix and Unotelly, both still in trial mode.

I apparently now live in the USA and the U.K., and if they ever phone my number they will get through to one of the two pubs I frequent almost every night.

I'm sure there are a million things I still need to do, including finding a way to stream sports. At least I know Kodi works, so if all else fails I use my tablet from time to time.

Kids have Disney and a few other "cool" movie channels for them, but I'm quite disappointed with the movies/series available on the free services.

I guess Netflix at $9.99 might have to do, unless there's something I'm missing...?

http://projectfreetv.so/

back again, give them a try for TV series

I prefer Hulu for the current shows, the down side with Netflix is that they only add a series once its ended completed, Hulu has the episodes before DSTV's "Express from the US".

My limited experience with Hulu is that it has more of the good wife Grey's anatomy type shows. If you want current cable shows there is nothing that suffices except Amazon prime.. And that's required a small bit of tech knowledge to get streaming through desktop boxes that use the Google DNS

Agreed. The wife and I watch more Hulu than Netflix. I find Hulu better for TV shows and Netflix better for movies.

I currently use Apple TV to stream so Amazon Prime isn't an option as the service / app isn't supported on the older Apple TV.

We had a trial HBO subscription for a while also which is good, but I suspect will get old quickly once you've watched their limited set of (very good) shows.

Hulu's got all the cool series like 11.23.63 and Chicago PD, Second Chance etc.

I use Hulu for all my series and Netflix for the movies...

I haven't had DSTV in 4 months and it hasn't been hard at all. Between Netflix, Showmax, and Youtube, I have enough stupid stuff to watch for eons. Proxy no longer working but that's okay. Can always install one on my router at a later stage.

I just miss Arsenal  ^_^

Youtube does have live sports so I find myself watching bowls or chess now and then...

I haven't had DSTV in 4 months and it hasn't been hard at all. Between Netflix, Showmax, and Youtube, I have enough stupid stuff to watch for eons. Proxy no longer working but that's okay. Can always install one on my router at a later stage.

I just miss Arsenal ^_^

Youtube does have live sports so I find myself watching bowls or chess now and then...

Kodi and the sportsdevil addon Edited by shaper

Hulu's got all the cool series like 11.23.63 and Chicago PD, Second Chance etc.

I use Hulu for all my series and Netflix for the movies...

Same here through the Roku. Now starting to use Exodus on RPi so will see if it eventually replaces one or both of these

Same here through the Roku. Now starting to use Exodus on RPi so will see if it eventually replaces one or both of these

I'm currently using my PS3. But looking at getting either a Roku or an Apple tv Box

Haven't been through this whole thread, but what's better out of Netflix and Showmax? And what are the major differences between Netflix and Showmax?

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been through this whole thread, but what's better out of Netflix and Showmax? And what are the major differences between Netflix and Showmax?

I have both. I'm on Netflix more than showmax