False Advertisement

jarred@tysoneng.co.za

it was my dream bike and had to borrow the money to get it.

a dream bike fits.

don't borrow money to buy toys.

but ja, he should really refund cash if you return it, BUT he might already have spent it on something else.. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AS SAID ABOVE, you borrowed the money for it (wont go there) the person you bought it from could have used the money already and is not in a position to pay you back and feels *** to tell you this, having said that i would refund someones money if they not happy THEN AGAIN THATS HOW I WOULD DO IT

others would say you should have made sure yourself, future purchases ask the seller to take it to a trust worthy bike shop pay them to look over it and then pay.

as far as your "legal route" it would cost you more than the bike and you still wont get your money,,,,,,,ask nice and hope he has the funds to repay you otherwise you pretty much stuffed

Did the Seller give you the measurement?  Was it obtained from the bike's geometry by yourself?

The Seller should be willing to refund and the bike shipped back i'd say at your cost.

Use the feedback section as well, it helps show who are good people to deal with.

His name is marthunis Jacobus

Profile name : Tinus.d

The frame is a Giant compact frame. It even says ML on the frame! I dont know how any one can sell it as M???? From the advertisemnet one could not see the ML sticker.And on his adevert it said M and 50cm. Complete Lie!

It clearly states M and ML

I have even offered to pay courrier services to send the bike back and he has refused!

Please if anyone can give some advice on this, it was my dream bike and had to borrow the money to get it.

Thanks

If you go into his profile and his market place the advert states bike size M/L and 54cm. The advert hasnt been edited so its not like he changed it after you contacted him.

Strange...

post-41053-0-93292400-1421236881_thumb.jpg

AS SAID ABOVE, you borrowed the money for it (wont go there) the person you bought it from could have used the money already and is not in a position to pay you back and feels *** to tell you this, having said that i would refund someones money if they not happy THEN AGAIN THATS HOW I WOULD DO IT

others would say you should have made sure yourself, future purchases ask the seller to take it to a trust worthy bike shop pay them to look over it and then pay.

as far as your "legal route" it would cost you more than the bike and you still wont get your money,,,,,,,ask nice and hope he has the funds to repay you otherwise you pretty much stuffed

Best advice Dipslick ever gave me. Ask a fellow hubber or two to go check a bike out for you. Guys here love helping.

Hmm 3 stories here, Jarred's, The adverts and the one we trying to find out as the truth. Maybe Tinus needs to come give his side???PING!!!

If you go into his profile and his market place the advert states bike size M/L and 54cm. The advert hasnt been edited so its not like he changed it after you contacted him.

Strange...

attachicon.giforiginal.JPG

I did the same thing. No ambiguity in the ad. Almost seems the OP bought it faster than he read the ad...

Possible scenario at OP's home:

Wife: Lovie, where did that bike come from?

OP: Err, was a present from a friend in Gauteng

Wife: Nice. Who?

OP: Boo hoo, I lied Lovie. I borrowed money and bought it cos I WANT IT.

Wife: Well, send it back and get your money back. We can's afford to repay a loan!

OP: [quickly places ad on the Hub and follows up with this thread]

But this is probably just my over-active imagination.

:devil:

It looks like the OP asked the seller to give him the seat tube length, which "could" be 50 depending on how the seller measured, but it does not look like the OP read the add properly.

To the OP... the difference in the two frames is REALLY small unless you are on the lower end of the Medium scale.

The Toptube is only 1.5cm shorter.

and the seat tube 3.5 cm (if the size = the seat tube length)

I did the same thing. No ambiguity in the ad. Almost seems the OP bought it faster than he read the ad...

Possible scenario at OP's home:

Wife: Lovie, where did that bike come from?

OP: Err, was a present from a friend in Gauteng

Wife: Nice. Who?

OP: Boo hoo, I lied Lovie. I borrowed money and bought it cos I WANT IT.

Wife: Well, send it back and get your money back. We can's afford to repay a loan!

OP: [quickly places ad on the Hub and follows up with this thread]

But this is probably just my over-active imagination.

:devil:

I LIKE IT :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: