December Bike Shop Experience

Eddy Gordo

That's pretty one dimensional since racism in cycling is alive and well.

or can't it be spoken about because too many people live in denial (besides Egyptians)

Go start a thread about it then if it bothers you. But I guess you also have a potatoe factory

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry man you may be a great guy but to bring race into it just does nothing for me.

I read par 1-7 and the last 2 paragraphs and never saw anything race related =\

...I have been to numerous shops where it feels like they are doing me a favour by serving me....

So true. I just don't understand it. Recently ordered from Merlin in the UK. Everything arrived in 2 days, will go this route in the future because I am so dam sick of dealing with most of the shops in CPT that I would rather ride my broken bike then deal with them for parts.

It's not just c.t or bike related shops. There's seems to be a general Acceptance of bad or no service in South Africa.

Glad to see another good review of Crown Cycles. For me the number 1 shop in Cape Town. Yes, they may not carry the most stock, it may not be the most aesthetically pleasing store, but that all goes out the window when you experience their service and how good a mechanic Mark is. 

Unfortunately, my last 3 visits to this store I got ignored and didnt even get a greet, must be the collar and tie I was wearing etc. But maybe is just me cos everyone else raving about them. I rather ride a bit further at go to Olympic where I experience that everybody wants to help you like 10 times. Btw, I walked in BMW Claremont for like 15mins and no one came to me, So you get it everywhere. I bought a Spez but can't afford the BMW now, lol

The only thing worse than not being acknowledged is being asked 5 times by the sales assistants in quick succession if I need help. Sometimes I just want to browse.

I'm not going to name any names, but let's just say I am glad I stay in Somerset West. Spoilt for choice here.

There is only one choice in choice in Somerset West and he likes green

Btw, I walked in BMW Claremont for like 15mins and no one came to me.

You saved yourself some trouble there by not being served...

I've dealt with said dealership close to a dozen times, twice with the intention of buying a car. Guess what? Both times buying (the last being two weeks ago) I ended up somewhere else instead. Good riddance.

I also visited CWC in december as im not from durbanville area... the shop looks fantastic and clean... for the rest i never felt soooo unwanted in a LBS. I had my bike serviced there and the older guy there at the service station was very rude and didnt appreciate his jokes. They made me feel so unwanted as a customer and ill never ever go back !!

Glad I am not the only one. Have visited there a couple of times when I am in Durbanville for work. Once I did ask for some assistance and the guy could not have been less interested in what I wanted. The second time I spent an hour walking around the shop looking at everything, as I had some time to kill and not a single person even acknowledged me. Won't be a third

I have just been kicked out of my business because I am too white. I don't sit and bitch about it all day. Remove chip and carry on.

no bud you wrong THATS NOT RACISM its correcting wrongs of the past (huge sarcasm)

Well try this... A Jew walked into a Muslims shop....  ;)

Majority of my customers are jews

actually no wait, its hard to tell, all cultures, races etc, they all spend alot which I am grateful for

Archived