my riding partner is awesome

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^_^ .. next week he will have a nice beer for you at the beginning of the ride Wayne. Such a good guy.. :D.. 

My riding partner is my husband. He hijacks my facebook and writes "my husband is awesome" on my wall so no need for me to blow any trumpets. 

My one riding partner took us out for drinks before a ride... lets just say he was faster that day.... 

On other note sometimes he brings nice breakfast :)

My riding buddies are awesome because they always wait for me  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

But you always beat them to the top of hills and take photos of them at the most opportune moments proving how "SLOW" they are....  :ph34r:  :w00t:

My riding partner gets up at 5am in winter in the dark because I have to ride early so I can take my daughter to school. Once I overslept and he went anyway since he was already dressed for the part; it was so cold that the water in his water bottle froze. Nothing like a 5:15 phone call that starts with "Where the hell are you I'm freezing my balls off!" And yet he still rides with me. In my defense I got him into the sport so we're somewhat even. Btw we're mountain bikers 5am is early for single track.

My riding partner (brother) must stop for coffee, en route back home after our gruelling rides.... Oh and he waits for me on tough steep sections and technical singles...  :clap:

Edited by Buzzman

This morning we decided to do a lap or two of modders.

This was waiting for me in the car.

20150129_084023.jpg

Lets keep the thread going...why are your riding buddies awesome. Or not.

Bliksem, I picked up half a kg just looking at that

But you always beat them to the top of hills and take photos of them at the most opportune moments proving how "SLOW" they are....  :ph34r:  :w00t:

Careful now. Just cause Wyatt impersonates superman sometimes, it doesn't mean the rest of the buddies are slow. 

Ive got riding partners, but not sure if they still qualify as partners if they are constantly about 100m up ahead and unable to enjoy a ride without turning into racing snakes  :angry:

What ever happened to enjoying the ride for the views and the fresh air.. all I see these days is tar, sweat on the crossbar and the burn in my lungs from sucking so hard.

Sometimes I just enjoy riding alone actually :P

Maybe they will get slower with age... or I get faster..