Used bib shorts

cbdcaffie

There's this handy invention floating about...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/LGwashingmachine.jpg

that my man is a washing machine and it's not killing any wildlife. Amma scratch Scratch

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first pair of shorts were not second hand they were third hand :eek:

Husbands friend bought a pair of Capestorms,  basically decided after one ride he did not like them and then gave them to my husband.  Hubby had just started riding so they were a blessing.

Hubby used them on and off for a few years.  When I started riding them I adopted them because by now they were a little stretched and a bit loose for hubby, but they were perfect for my fat backside.  One year later I still got them.  They are at the back of the drawer now for when I'm desperate and have no clean kit.  (Happens often :lol: )

Last weekend I thought it was raining during the bouckaert Soenen race. Turned out the guy in front of me was really hot. For a moment I was disgusted by the salty rain, but luckily there was a attack and I had to swallow and follow. There are worst things in cycling than used bibs!

Donated a few pairs of Humvee baggies around Christmas a year ago............well, nicked off the washing line really. Funny thing is, they left the liners!!

No, I was born in them.

And yes, I do judge people that buy used bib shorts. The only reason that I can surmise is that it allows the individual obtain a brand that the he or she could not normally afford new.

Pathetic.

Oh, and gross.

And pathetic.

jealous coz someone who cant afford what you can, but somehow they sporting your brand? Relax man. You aren't wearing them they are. You mos wearing your new ones

Slept in a hotel the other night - wonder if the sheets were new?

Ever seen Hotel Nightmares with Gordon Ramsay where he checks out the rooms with the UV light?!!

:clap:  I'd frame her smelly bib anyday

That's quite disgusting. 

No really, think about it. 

I have just noticed that there are used bib shorts for sale on both the Hub and Gumtree.

Are you guys for real???? Am I going cray cray?

Unless you are obsessive compulsive, not much wrong with it hey

A few good repeat cycles in the wash and a generous spray of Doom on the chamois before your next ride, and your good to go.  :devil:

Used Bibs! yeah I personally wouldn't buy them but hey not every one can afford to buy good name branded ones right.

when I started out a year ago I bought Mr Price ones because I didn't want to spend too much incase I quite the sport, 3 months later my sister who works for Mercedes Benz organized me a Bib and shirt (First Ascent, Merc Branded), after warring this kit on a ride I could instantly tell it made a big difference in my ride. so the good old saying you get what you pay for is so true.

don't judge there are plenty of people who can not afford to buy new stuff!!

Just my 2c worth!!!

Unless you are obsessive compulsive, not much wrong with it hey

A few good repeat cycles in the wash and a generous spray of Doom on the chamois before your next ride, and your good to go.  :devil:

Doom on the chamois, is this in place of chamois cream? :o

Ever seen Hotel Nightmares with Gordon Ramsay where he checks out the rooms with the UV light?!!

Now that is nasty.....but its ok cos I sleep in my bib shorts for protection!!

as you say at the end of the day its the decretion of the buyer, personally i try give most my stuff away to others who are more than glad enough to take what i consider old/scrap/finished

was that a freudian slip?

There's this handy invention floating about...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/LGwashingmachine.jpg

unless your fancy device runs on Uranium pellets, you still don't want to go near my bibs

DIGRESSION ALERT: Can you fix small holes in bibs obtained from unplanned dismounts?  After donating a kidney to buy some Assos pant, I decided to contribute DNA to the Haka Hanna landscape.  Unfortunately it came with brand new sif expensive lycra

unless your fancy device runs on Uranium pellets, you still don't want to go near my bibs

DIGRESSION ALERT: Can you fix small holes in bibs obtained from unplanned dismounts?  After donating a kidney to buy some Assos pant, I decided to contribute DNA to the Haka Hanna landscape.  Unfortunately it came with brand new sif expensive lycra

Ive got about 5 pairs of bibs and 2 shorts in assos plus a pile of pearl izuims shorts, you want one of my assos bibs?

Archived