loadshedding

Matchstix

Then you need one of these... has the following cooking surfaces: BBQ Braai grid, Skottel, Pot Stand - with the following optional extras Roast Pan, Paella Pan and Pizza stone.

Better than a charcoal (Weber) braai because of the versatility.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71g5y5m%2BssL._SL1500_.jpg

Price?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On special at takealot for R2199. just search for carry chef. I can also recommend the safari chef. Uses 500g cylinders and is on special for R799 at take a lot. Great for camping too.

On special at takealot for R2199. just search for carry chef. I can also recommend the safari chef. Uses 500g cylinders and is on special for R799 at take a lot. Great for camping too.

The Carri Chef at R2199 is a genuine SPECIAL as the day2day price is R2999.

The Safari Chef is a bit small (2-person) but can still cook a full chicken.

best you lot get your fire places while they are on special - or go get gas heaters. And failing that buy more blankets

best you lot get your fire places while they are on special - or go get gas heaters. And failing that buy more blankets

And stockpile gas, as we are sure to experience shortages this winter.

Not sure if this has been mentioned on this thread, but I found a handy little app on the Play Store, called GridWatch. It tells you what time the power will go out in your area or if the power will go out. Not sure if it's available for iPhone or Windows Phone or any other platform.

Not sure if this has been mentioned on this thread, but I found a handy little app on the Play Store, called GridWatch. It tells you what time the power will go out in your area or if the power will go out. Not sure if it's available for iPhone or Windows Phone or any other platform.

I found an app called LoadShedding in the Apple App store, looks like it just pulls it's info from City Power and Eskom, so it hasn't been right once yet. What sort of accuracy has GridWatch got?

I found an app called LoadShedding in the Apple App store, looks like it just pulls it's info from City Power and Eskom, so it hasn't been right once yet. What sort of accuracy has GridWatch got?

Well it seems to be pretty accurate, although I haven't compared it to anything else.

Edited by Craig N

• 2 weeks later...

Don't want to open new thread for this little fact, not directly related to loadshedding, but:

ESKOM's R1.5bn budget for catering per year... If there are roughly 39 000 employees (per Wikipedia), and everyone works for 365 days per year (which they don't, but it will make the math easier).

That means that R105 is allocated to each employee per day on food. That is a lot. Say you work an eight hour shift, you get one meal - of R105. That's not bad to be employed there.

Don't want to open new thread for this little fact, not directly related to loadshedding, but:

ESKOM's R1.5bn budget for catering per year... If there are roughly 39 000 employees (per Wikipedia), and everyone works for 365 days per year (which they don't, but it will make the math easier).

That means that R105 is allocated to each employee per day on food. That is a lot. Say you work an eight hour shift, you get one meal - of R105. That's not bad to be employed there.

yep. I was doing that arithmetic in my head on the way home yesterday. Personally, I wonder at the level of the subsidisation, and if it IS actually R 1.5Bn. It is the ST after all. 

All this talk of load shedding and apps etc. The saddest thing is that we have access to an App that alerts us to the fact that there is going to be a scheduled power cut due to the inability of the National Power Supplier to meet the demands of a country...

All this talk of load shedding and apps etc. The saddest thing is that we have access to an App that alerts us to the fact that there is going to be a scheduled power cut due to the inability of the National Power Supplier to meet the demands of a country...

ANC. One ring to ruin them all.