2015 FNB Wines2Whales

JasonS

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah so it seems its lucky no. 13 for us!! Got the e-mail this morning, we got into the W2W Ride

We are no. 13 on the Ride waiting list :( . What are the chances of us getting in?

how do you see what number you are on the waiting list?

Hi Lone One.

If you go into the the site using your ID no. the Team ID indicates the waitlist. Our team ID was Waitlist-13

• 2 weeks later...

anyone got a gpx for me? would love to have it on the sigma

DM me your email address and I will send you 2014's files. Remember a lot of the race is on private / closed property so you cant ride the route outside of the event.

Perhaps we'll get jackets and bags this year? I've opted for accommodation in Botrivier, so costs me less than last year with luxury tent option.

i've decided should I ever get the opportunity again to do any stage race that I will not tent it provided I can afford alternative accommodation. The "race village vibe" is highly overrated & you are just setting yourself up for a miserable 2 nights with possibility of getting sick for being out in the cold.

DM me your email address and I will send you 2014's files. Remember a lot of the race is on private / closed property so you cant ride the route outside of the event.

don't worry, not a rouge rider and not in the area, pm sent, tx

I'm sure there was something in the rules urging riders not to share gps plots of the trails.  I know people have posted on Strava but ask yourself would you really trust someone you don't know with data you've been asked not to share?

I'm sure there was something in the rules urging riders not to share gps plots of the trails. I know people have posted on Strava but ask yourself would you really trust someone you don't know with data you've been asked not to share?

epic yes but not w2w AFIK, could be wrong.

A bit of post epic trauma setting in?

head & feet were way too close to a damp ice cold tent surface which ultimately lead to me getting flu symptoms. Then there is the little issue of quality sleep.

ya look if you over 5'9 then you out of luck in the tents. They could use a slightly larger tents and maybe have them erected in a matter that the fly sheet doesn't touch the inner tent shell negating its waterproof niss...

But ya I hear you

Man I wish I could do this again this year. Had an awesome time last year, but just too much else on this side of the pond, next year for sure, I hope

Archived