Statement regarding alternative routes for 2015 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

14:09

SANParks spokesperson Merle Collins confirmed that a part of Cape Point was burning. However she had not details of which part or how big the fire was and if it was related to the fire on the south peninsula or a separate one.

We were at Cape Point reserve today. Got evacuated as a fire started at Gifkommetjie, and was spreading further south east with the wind behind it

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The city may very well withdraw the CTCT event permit. But this is also just speculation... we'll just have to wait and see what they've decided later this evening.

We were at Cape Point reserve today. Got evacuated as a fire started at Gifkommetjie, and was spreading further south east with the wind behind it

the worry is the fact that they say contained. If the south easter starts to blow there it will be a REAL issue

Perhaps give the peninsula a complete miss...

Start-M3-left at Muizenberg-Stellenbosch-R304-N1-Kloof Nek-Camps bay to the end stretch...

±25Km longer (134km), but no killer climbs. I did a map & everything :D

Yours sincerely,

2 Cent

Friend of mine just went through Noordhoek and the following signage was erected:

Cycle Tour

City/Noordhoek

(via Ou Kaapse Weg)

06h45 15h30

Sun 8 March

So i take it it is OKW M3 to finish...

That sign was erected for vehicles to use OKW during the race, its been up for a week.