Statement regarding alternative routes for 2015 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think how quickly 30000 volunteers can put the fire out

nope not gonna happen, CSA will band all those who are participate in assisting with the situation.  :ph34r:

Did they say what the alternative route is?

I assume its the same as a few years back... Instead of Chappies we come back over Ou Kaaps and then take the M3 all the way back to Town

Route could be. Start in town, up hospital bend, up Eddingbrough drive, down the cost to red hill, up red hill, ocean view, ou Kaapseweg, Constania Nek, Suikerbosie and then finish in town again.

That would be awesome!

The first Detour year they actually proposed that - but going via Smits rather than Red Hill.  The route was going to be about 118 km if I remember correctly.  The reason they eventually skipped Constantia Nek and Suikerbossie was because the people in Hout Bay were worried that they were going to be stuck there the whole day.

The first Detour year they actually proposed that - but going via Smits rather than Red Hill.  The route was going to be about 118 km if I remember correctly.  The reason they eventually skipped Constantia Nek and Suikerbossie was because the people in Hout Bay were worried that they were going to be stuck there the whole day.

they won't do the Nek because it's said to be too dangerous for that amount of cyclists as its very narrow and with so many novice riders it's asking for trouble... I wish they would do that but they wont...

I think including Constantia Nek means cutting out Smitswinkel, Misty Cliffs, Soetwater etc and that's a major part of the proper Argus route but then again we'd get to do Suikerbossie and Camps Bay which is arguably even more of an attraction. I'd prefer this route than going up the boring M3.

Going back via the M3....with a pumping South Easter.....mmmmmmm. ..should be fun..

Yeah...I agree. Will kinda be like Riding the R44 with a tail wind 

Yeah...I agree. Will kinda be like Riding the R44 with a tail wind 

Ya, for a few km's.  But then there's a lot of uphill before the finish where the wind will make no difference.

Ya, for a few km's.  But then there's a lot of uphill before the finish where the wind will make no difference.

does someone have a route profile for these climbs?