A roadside spat between several cyclists has thrown Cycling SA into a fierce race row

milky4130

Messed up. I feel really sorry for Kaka and Siyabonga. What an awful thing to have to experience whilst taking part in the sport you love. The guilty parties should experience a lengthy ban and maybe demonstrate their remorse by doing some community service with development teams.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boys and girls, can we allow the process to take it's course! The amount of raw emotion on this thread is frightening. Fasten your seatbelts and relax! The outcome will be revealed in due course after a process. Eish, go for a ride! :whistling: or do something to "ontspan".

Edited by Bloukrans

Mod note:

Given the topic at hand this sort of issue will be emotive and at times heated. 

Debate is welcome, but baiting, inflammatory comments and personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Mod note:

Given the topic at hand this sort of issue will be emotive and at times heated. 

Debate is welcome, but baiting, inflammatory comments and personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Well in that case can the debater please, highlight valid points and not generalized racial undertones.

Swiss.

Have you heard that saying , een man se pop lap is n ander se skrop lap?

For you it means nothing, but for that person being called that it means ( killed children , no education , kicked out of houses etc ect ect).

Soutpil you say.... ( did they kill your family while calling you that name? Or took education /land away from you while calling you that name...ect ect)

Situations like these should be handled by people who have emotional intelligence , if you do not have this, I would strongly recommend you stay away from topic like these as your true nature will be exposed.

I can never feel what a Black person in SA feels wrt to racial insults, no matter how emotionally intelligent I pretend to be. However I still think you are reading to much into this particular situation, probably because you believe that everyone who uses the K word is trying to reenact what happened in the past - "did they kill your family while calling you that name? Or took education /land away from you while calling you that name...ect ect"

I'm just saying that PERHAPS it was just a simple and very good attempt (albeit a bad one) to insult a Black person.

Please don't tell me where I can comment or pretend to know what my true nature is, I could claim that you are now being racist.....

So here is a question. If someonesays some uinpleasant things about your mother what is an appropriate response. If a black guy starting talking smack about me or my family I'd happy throw in the k word along with a creative and colourfully matched sentence.

Once the insulting has started there are no holds barred in my opinion.

K word is no more serious than P or C in my book.

Would be interesting to see who started hurling the insults first...

Problem is the world is not run according to Eldron's book - just asked Andre Markgraaff what happened when he used the K word, and that was in a "private" conversation. Even if you don't find it insulting yourself it is a pretty stupid thing to do, especially while representing your sponsors in a public sports event, naive to think you can throw around a word like that in this country without consequences.

what would you consider the equal insult towards a white person??????

nope there isnt one,,,wonder why that is

what would you consider the equal insult towards a white person??????

nope there isnt one,,,wonder why that is

You are right, no equal one word insult towards a white person. But as others on this thread have since posted, lots of other ways to insult white people if that's your thing.

Meh - the only reason I would not throw the k word into the ring in an insultathon is to avoid prosecution.

I really don't care what random people have to say about my mother but I really enjoy good insultfest. The deeper the insults cut the better and I pride myself on my linguistic ability to give more than I recveive.

Once the "jou ma se" door is open its game on - dig in enjoy the ride.

To expect some kind of insult protection in a no holds barred tongue lashing match is against the queensbu rules!

"He adds that a great deal of transformation is still needed to level the playing field in cycling."

There's THAT word again. Next thing they gonna demand quotas. I do not condone the use of the dreaded K word, but I also despise the use of the Q and T words as well. Let those who are good do what they are best at, not taking their race into consideration.

keep race out of racing, for flip sakes.

I am sure that what happened is a story only told from one side, and we all know there is at least three sides to every tale.

Just saying...

Do yourself a favour and check the dictionary for the meaning of transformation. When I read this article I was more upset at the events which transpired and the fact that a young man chose to use the K-word. He brought "race into racing", he used the word irrespective of what led up to it. Take your issues with "transformation" to another post/thread or start your own because that is not being discussed here. What was reported is "The Story" and until Day and Jooste state their justification (and there can be no justification for the K-word IMNSHO) then this is the only story. There are still certain mindsets which needs to be transformed; to stop people(especially young ones) from blurting out their private/family "go-to-word" for any alleged/perceived offending person of a particular race group. To me, I see an Idiot engaging in idiotic behaviour and I blurt out "You F@cking Idiot"; not You K... or B... or H.... or whatever. Its about upbringing. Just saying.......

I am sure due process will be done...and then throw the book at them and ban them

There is too much of that going on and it must be stamped out.It happens far more than you realise.

And you realise this how?

Most people on here seem to be blissfully unaware of all this race-baiting going on.

What does appear as self evident, is that there are an awful lot of bandwagon jumpers armed with pitchforks and flaming torches on the hub  <_<

I am not saying this is what happened with this case as I was not there, I really am not.

With that in mind, I have found that when it comes to being accused of using the K word, it's one of the few cases where you are guilty until proven innocent.

And you realise this how?

Most people on here seem to be blissfully unaware of all this race-baiting going on.

What does appear as self evident, is that there are an awful lot of bandwagon jumpers armed with pitchforks and flaming torches on the hub  <_<

By knowing a little bit of what goes on in the racing scene...

By knowing a little bit of what goes on in the racing scene...

A little bit more than others who don't seem to hear the racers shouting the K word left, right and centre? 

I promise you we wouldn't be friends if I didn't, she's not the type to suffer sycophants.

One doesn't have to be a sycophant to be emotionally invested.

For example, I would probably take my Mom's side in pretty much any argument with you, right or wrong. But I am not a sycophantic towards her. Just emotionally invested.