2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

Hi guys,

Looking for Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge (Road) entry.

In case you have one for sale, Please let me know.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Looking for Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge (Road) entry.

In case you have one for sale, Please let me know.

I have 2, groups I and K starts

For the folks in 'I' batch, please can I get a show of hands from people who are targeting sub 3:00, so I can see how many people we're going to have in the I-Team pace line (and how many people I'll be working for on the day).

bored_girl

Cabous9

Cadre

Craig 26

doeffels

Ebi Omer

Fat Boab

Grogs

hayleyearth

Prince

ScottC-M

shaper

wernerhp

Zaskar

I guess it will depend on how the legs are feeling on the day. Zaskar has been waiting for me for the past few years and I doubt it will be any different this year. For me personally 3:15 looks more realistic however appealing it might be to say I am going for a sub 3. 

I rode the first 20km or so of the race on Sun. In 37C heat and cannot say it was fun. I am sure at 7am will be slightly cooler which is a plus but it's almost uphill all the way to the highway no matter the gradient. I can hopefully stay in touch with the bunch. The road just before sorry hill is not in a great condition so pls be alert 

OK who do we have in the I-Team at the moment - the ones who want to race for that sub 3?

So far I've got 5:

1. & 2. shaper +1
3. ScottC-M
4. monkey on a bianchi
5. bmw1za

Fat Boab and Prince, is this your target too - are you in?

Who else?

My plan:

Get some yellow stickers to put on the back of our helmets so that we can see where we are in the bunch. I will sit just behind and if anyone drops off on a hill I'll bridge them back again. If the pace of the bunch is not fast enough, I'll have to try and do some work on the front to speed things up. At 70km we can take stock and see who's still feeling ok for those last 5 hills. Whoever is still there, I'll try and help pace over the climbs. On race day, we can meet early, put our stickers on our helmets and get to know the faces in our team. Then pull into the start pen as 1 group with the aim of sticking together as long as possible. The more we work for each other, the better our chances will be of reaching your targets.

OK who do we have in the I-Team at the moment - the ones who want to race for that sub 3?

So far I've got 5:

1. & 2. shaper +1
3. ScottC-M
4. monkey on a bianchi
5. bmw1za

Who else?

My plan:

Get some yellow stickers to put on the back of our helmets so that we can see where we are in the bunch. I will sit just behind and if anyone drops off on a hill I'll bridge them back again. If the pace of the bunch is not fast enough, I'll have to try and do some work on the front to speed things up. At 70km we can take stock and see who's still feeling ok for those last 5 hills. Whoever is still there, I'll try and help pace over the climbs. On race day, we can meet early, put our stickers on our helmets and get to know the faces in our team. Then pull into the start pen as 1 group with the aim of sticking together as long as possible. The more we work for each other, the better our chances will be of reaching your targets.

I've got us covered with the stickers

post-46817-0-67811500-1445946818_thumb.jpg

We can meet up at Circle circle "D" or "6" where we can put the sticker on the helmet and a second one on our race number in case it blows off the helmet.

post-46817-0-22240600-1445946932_thumb.gif

There is a fantastic "training race" this weekend. Vortex is on 1 November (I think). You cannot have a better warm-up than this.

See you there.

So far I've got 5:

1. & 2. shaper +1
3. ScottC-M
4. monkey on a bianchi
5. bmw1za

Who else?

My plan:

Hey Tombeej. I would love to say its a target but just don't think i've got it in the legs!

So far I've got 5:

1. & 2. shaper +1
3. ScottC-M
4. monkey on a bianchi
5. bmw1za

Who else?

My plan:

I'm seeded in F but this I group is actually looking quite appealing, I don't see me doing a sub 3 though, I'm busy shaking off some flu at the moment so I'll see how I feel closer to the time.  

Hey Tombeej. I would love to say its a target but just don't think i've got it in the legs!

For me personally 3:15 looks more realistic however appealing it might be to say I am going for a sub 3. 

I'm seeded in F but this I group is actually looking quite appealing, I don't see me doing a sub 3 though, I'm busy shaking off some flu at the moment so I'll see how I feel closer to the time.  

Come on guys. There are always a million and one reasons as to why you can't achieve your goals, but when you have the assistance of someone like Tombeej (An A batch rider whom hasn't seem post 3 hours in a very long time) to help you as well as others why not reach just that little bit further and go for the sub 3. At least then if you blow up and limp home in 3:15 -3:20 (Your original target time) you know you gave it your all.

Well that's my plan at least (My original target time was 3:15 after a 3:40 last year).

Since I haven't participated in Hub discussion for quite some time I don't think I know any of the people riding in I bunch. Should I be looking for my rubber bracelet and hub tattoos so that I am recognisable?  :devil:

Edited by bored_girl

Come on guys. There are always a million and one reasons as to why you can't achieve your goals, but when you have the assistance of someone like Tombeej (An A batch rider whom hasn't seem post 3 hours in a very long time) to help you as well as others why not reach just that little bit further and go for the sub 3. At least then if you blow up and limp home in 3:15 -3:20 (Your original target time) you know you gave it your all.

Well that's my plan at least (My original target time was 3:15 after a 3:40 last year).

His offer is appreciated but I have been riding for long enough to know that there is a reason I am in "I" and someone else is in "A". Things like endurance, training, riding longer than 40km at a time kind of reasons. If I go balls to the wall in the first 20km I most probably will not even achieve the 3:15 and will have to be happy with 3:30. Strong riders don't often understand how people like me can't keep up in a bunch but it's the reality of the slightly unfit.