2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

Question.

What road seeding events are there in Gauteng for the 94.7?

I am sure Dome to Dome is one, but not according to their website, so was wondering if anyone here knew which races one can do, to improved their seeding.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my entry for the MTB version now! Booya!

So its a round 2 for the road, with a massive score to settle and its round one for the 55km mtb.

Gonna be awesome!!!!

That time already. Doesn't look like I can make this one. Think my last was in 2012. Missing this one bigtime.

If anyone is traveling from outside Jo'burg and needs accommodation, you should seriously consider the Indaba Hotel.  It is only 4kms from the start and they have a special rate for 947.  It was R800 a room last year per night for a room with 2 double beds.  We booked early and got the same rate again.

Stunning rooms and they give every cyclist a baggie with snacks and bananas, etc for the morning.

Highly recommended.

That time already. Doesn't look like I can make this one. Think my last was in 2012. Missing this one bigtime.

It's almost 5 months away....plenty of time?

If anyone is traveling from outside Jo'burg and needs accommodation, you should seriously consider the Indaba Hotel.  It is only 4kms from the start and they have a special rate for 947.  It was R800 a room last year per night for a room with 2 double beds.  We booked early and got the same rate again.

Stunning rooms and they give every cyclist a baggie with snacks and bananas, etc for the morning.

Highly recommended.

Jeez, I don't live that far from the start, but traffic was such a nightmare it might be worth staying the night there

I've entered already, will be my second. I suffered big time last year, should be better prepared this time around.

Great to see you are still in the mix. Has it been that long since that Epic?

Yup, 24 months served, no early parole. 3 MTB races in already. Can't wait to try my hand at the tar scene. Only took it up a year ago. Very keen to suffer my way into VA.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the MTB race on the 8th.

Just in general how many people cycle the normal 947 race with their mountain bike?

Thinking about entering the race on the 15th as I will not be able to attend the mtb race.

Just in general how many people cycle the normal 947 race with their mountain bike?

Lots and lots.

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the MTB race on the 8th.

Thinking about entering the race on the 15th as I will not be able to attend the mtb race.

Moer baie

Hi Guys and gals, We need 6 more riders to ride for PETS empowerment if you feel like riding for a charity and have not decided yet please consider riding for pets, E-mail your ID number to nicole@pets.org.za to add you to their charity - you do get a little bit of a better start when it is your first time.Thank you in advance.

I've entered again, but will have to prep better this year.

The new route was in my opinion a bit more difficult than the previous route. Mainly because of the unknown...I think. That last uphill in Steyn City broke me, because I didn't plan (or realise) that it is such a tough uphill....it really caught me by surprise. 

Missed it last year due to chest infection , looking forward to the new harder/easier (depends who you speak to) route this year. 

• 4 weeks later...

I see entries close at the end of the month.

Seems like they have done away with showing the number of present entries.

Archived