Tokai and Silvermine to remain closed to the public

News bot

:rolleyes: 

Apparently one of their members has left, so it's not the most relevant group to aspire to!

Not apparently. Its all my teener has been watching on TV. It trended on Fox NEws first so I  Just kinda went like        :rolleyes: ...... whatevvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeer.

Then it was on like CNN and I figured like :rolleyes: whatevvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr

clearly I'm like totally not cool

Edited by GoLefty!!

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to a friend of mine who lives up in Zwaanswyk..Apparently some folks are entering the restricted areas along the Zwaanswyk boundary.Residents have been warned they face a R15000 fine for entering the area and they might loose the access gate from Zwaanswyk into the lower area for future use.

Edited by howardsteele

Long term Rainfall forcast

The forecasting system is showing a tendency of wetter late-autumn season for the south-western part of South Africa with a likelihood of well above normal rainfall conditions. As we go to the winter season the probabilities for above-normal rainfall condition is persisting.

post-2975-0-70478900-1427472124_thumb.jpg

post-2975-0-53773000-1427472134_thumb.jpg

Looks like it's going to be a wet winter for the Peninsula

I spoke to a friend of mine who lives up in Zwaanswyk..Apparently some folks are entering the restricted areas along the Zwaanswyk boundary.Residents have been warned they face a R15000 fine for entering the area and they might loose the access gate from Zwaanswyk into the lower area for future use.

From our info the fine is R2,500. Can't see how it'll be different for them.

I don't care for all the politics - I just want to ride.

I also care for riding, but I care more for our mountain.

Can't seem to see the why the place is closed for safety reasons.. loggers are busy there with heavy machinery.. Wot impact does our bikes have on the environment..

Can't seem to see the why the place is closed for safety reasons.. loggers are busy there with heavy machinery.. Wot impact does our bikes have on the environment..

1. Because they don't want one of those logging trucks going right over a cyclist. SA Pine has to cut the remaining trees ASAP or the timber will be spoilt. So, no time to waste. Have you noticed in the past how riders ignored their no entry signs and safety tape and ride straight through the danger area? No wonder they are now uptight!

2. Even where they are not cutting, every burnt standing tree is a potential hazard. We don't want it to fall on you. Gum trees are particularly prone to dropping huge branches after burning. They make a nasty mess of a cyclist at the wrong place at the wrong time.

3. We don't do any harm ?(Look at it from SANParks side.) Have you seen how many ILLEGAL tracks "we" have built up there! Do you think it will now be different and that riders won't be naughty? Parks sure think not and with "our" track record I cannot blame them!

4. Basically, until Parks is happy that it is safe for us and for the mountain, we have to stay out. Piss them off and it might NEVER be opened. Not worth the risk.

Loggers are busy with heavy machinery and you can't see how that could, maybe, not be optimally safe and possibly a little bit dangerous?

Long term Rainfall forcast

attachicon.gifLTF AMJ 2015.jpg

attachicon.gifEUBNF AMJ 2015 copy.jpg

Looks like it's going to be a wet winter for the Peninsula

Chapman's Peak tolling concessionaire must have all fingers crossed the nets are enough. Apart from the obvious lack of vegetation, the rocks that have cracked as a result of expansion must be quite a worry. Last thing they need is for the nets to be silted up after the first rain.

I don't see SA Parks working up in Tokai forest????

Maybe we all cyclists have strike or march up to Manor House to demand to use it sooner..

Maybe we all cyclists have strike or march up to Manor House to demand to use it sooner..

that will accomplish precisely nothing. 

Please, let the committee do the job we are being charged with. We are in constant communication with them, and are working to get in as soon as possible. 

There's no point in having a 'protest' there as there's nothing to loot...  :ph34r:

:whistling:

Side note - have you ever seen a mass action (strike) have its desired effect after short term action?

There's no point in having a 'protest' there as there's nothing to loot...  :ph34r:

:whistling:

Side note - have you ever seen a mass action (strike) have its desired effect after short term action?

100% 

We're looking long term here.