Tokai and Silvermine to remain closed to the public

News bot

Ha ha, if you swim there with the current water temperature of the dam, you have bigger problems than being a triathlete :-) Just kidding!

Lol... Thats what the suit is for!

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least its a start for now, yay for weekday rides

Unfortunately not.

After a meeting today the picture is somewhat clearer, but not one that is going to get SANParks heading up anybody's Christmas Card list.

Silvermine East is opening on 1st September, so you are good to go if you want to hike, walk the dog etc.

Silvermine West (the bit we are interested in) is only scheduled to open again on 1st December.

So while parks were telling us Silvermine would be open from September they conveniently forgot to mention it wasn't the part you can actually ride in. They are good like that...

If anything changes we will let everybody know.

And yes I am pissed off too.

Unfortunately not.

After a meeting today the picture is somewhat clearer, but not one that is going to get SANParks heading up anybody's Christmas Card list.

Silvermine East is opening on 1st September, so you are good to go if you want to hike, walk the dog etc.

Silvermine West (the bit we are interested in) is only scheduled to open again on 1st December.

So while parks were telling us Silvermine would be open from September they conveniently forgot to mention it wasn't the part you can actually ride in. They are good like that...

*&*^R$WQ*^W*^@*^@!!!!

Dammit aah well such is south africa, you can put a dynamite stick under someone and it still wont change anything

Cool news on Silvermine opening,Da*** had to edit ok only 140 days to christmas ...Does any one know if they are going to give us a path down to Tokai/Zwaanswyk rd...I'm not to fond of riding the Oukaapse weg rd ...Have a couple of cycling friends with long term injuries after being hit by cars on this section.

Edited by howardsteele

Cool news on Silvermine opening,Da*** had to edit ok only 140 days to christmas ...Does any one know if they are going to give us a path down to Tokai/Zwaanswyk rd...I'm not to fond of riding the Oukaapse weg rd ...Have a couple of cycling friends with long term injuries after being hit by cars on this section.

Not that I'm aware of.

We can ask next time we sit down with them.

Unfortunately not.

I'm happy, that's the bit of the mountain I hike from home on. can wait another 3 months for the bike.

I'm happy, that's the bit of the mountain I hike from home on. can wait another 3 months for the bike.

I enjoy hiking there too but they were somewhat disingenuous when telling a bunch of mountain bikers that Silvermine would be open in September, knowing full well the cycling section would remain closed.

I enjoy hiking there too but they were somewhat disingenuous when telling a bunch of mountain bikers that Silvermine would be open in September, knowing full well the cycling section would remain closed.

consider your chain jerked.