epic women's race not up to scratch - Gunn-Rita

#Pete#

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agg never thought she was the cry baby type

It takes up such a small section of her blog that cry baby is a bit harsh.

She has a very valid point and I see it as positive criticism,can only serve to better the race,apart from that "1 bit of negativity" the rest is very well written. 

I am harsh

20 years worth of harshness?

Quote:

"And I've never felt so unfairly treated as a woman either, through my 20 years as a professional cyclist, regarding a fair start for elite women"

Well, she is right - the women's race was not up to scratch... The only race in the women's cat was for second place...

Valid points in my opinion.  Even though the leading ladies were extremely strong this year, it is unfair imo that they can start so far ahead of the rest of the professional ladies.

Valid points in my opinion.  Even though the leading ladies were extremely strong this year, it is unfair imo that they can start so far ahead of the rest of the professional ladies.

Do the pro's get a guaranteed start in the front, even if they loose time?

Just wondering

Or do they get treated like every other team i.e. you loose time you move backwards in the start groups?

EDIT: bold section

Kathrin and I didn't push hard to be number 1 in group B as it was quite cold on Monday morning when the first stage was to start

shame it was cold.

good suggestions, worth looking into but the article is written with a DASH of sour grapes

could have, 

should have ,

didnt

as many of the threads like this normally end,,,,if you want the advantage of being in front

GET THERE, DO WHATS NEEDED or dont moan about the slower riders in front of you

yes she is a machine and she will take us all

dips runs

Archived