Adverse analytical finding - in competition test

News bot

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately it is all about $$$$.

I still say they must scrap the Vets prize money and podiums (We don't do cycling for a living) and take THAT money and test more.

This is the BIG thing I don't really get.......it is Vets racing. Why would you take the risk with your health?

Not about money.... Ego!

Not about money.... Ego!

The testing I mean......

They don't test more because they don't have enough funds.

Its an expensive process to try fight a positive test, doing independent testing and getting expert witnesses, and as he is not a Pro who makes his living from this, take the ban and move on.

But it makes me wonder just how many vets at the sharp end of the peloton are doping ? 

Jip.....you are a Vet......why fight a test?  Take 2 years and move on.  You won't suffer any loss from it......hence why I wonder why they still test Vets because there is no real "punishment" in the end........

Jip.....you are a Vet......why fight a test?  Take 2 years and move on.  You won't suffer any loss from it......hence why I wonder why they still test Vets because there is no real "punishment" in the end........

If the cheating is driven by ego then being exposed as a cheater is a very real punishment.

"The analytical report confirmed the presence of the Anabolic Agent, Clenbuterol as well as the Glucocorticosteroid, Prednisone and its metabolite Prednisolone"

That is no small amount of serious drugs which got there on purpose.

This is the sort of cheating that is deliberate and devious and deserves a life time ban from racing. By this I mean a racing licence. I have no problem with a banned doper returning to UNseeded funriding after a few years.

Make them start at 09:55 every year for the Cycle Tour :P

Wow, did not know it was this serious.

This is the BIG thing I don't really get.......it is Vets racing.  Why would you take the risk with your health?

Because I can like are to beat my friends to the line!

Either that, or you get your self-confidence from your performance on the bike.  Then it might be better to spend that money on a psychiatrist.

Im still fairly new to the racing scene and I have always wondered do they/can they test the open seeded groups as well?

Im still fairly new to the racing scene and I have always wondered do they/can they test the open seeded groups as well?

Last year at the fast one they tested some of the open seeded riders. But otherwise I don't think they bother. Could be wrong though.

Are there any previously banned dopers from the elites/VA/VB groups now languishing in the fun ride groups after their return?

No. They are racing in the licensed groups again! Like Spinnekop says there is no real punishment! After two years you are back and more clued up so they wont catch you again!!

+1000

Wondering about red wine - bought some lovely stuff from Spain recently - the home of the tainted steaks...

Don't hold on to those spanish wines for too long. I was not so impressed with their wines travelling down from Madrid to Barcelona through Rioja. Found the better wines to be in the Priorat area outside Barcelona

Whether Joe is guilty or not... I'll just say generally that although doping for any rider is ridiculous, its even worse when a pathetic pr*ck decides to cheat in a Vets race to stroke his ego!

Berto was very lucky/ had good lawayers. Clen is NOT explained easily. Prednisone is very commonly used though.