Dome 2 Dome and Race for Victory 2015

Prince

From results I see 10 guys got away in DL, that almost saddens me with my 11th place (lol). To the guy that shared the load towards the end today... You rock man !

Found Myself for the first time today Kakking someone out (hands over mouth) , Only 2 of us were working for 30kms... and everytime the 2nd guy rolled through...The clown 3rd in line would not roll through but refused to let me in... WTF.. some quick @#$%^ !!! and he quickly made space from there on . Its funny now though :whistling:

We caught the front of DL just before Walkerville (over the rumble strips).

I think we would have pulled them further away from the rest of DL, as they also contributed to the pace making.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You two sure looked like you were on a mission. You had D batch all stung out at the end of the uphill and downhill just before that left turn.

What time did you manage today?

Wanted to make the group smaller to make it safe(.r).  I rode away on my own at the 70 km mark to end up with a 2:51.

Edited by Underachiever

Hey I was in that group. Yellow skoenz n socks n red Cargo kit on a Time. You...?

1st race in VA for me. Damn those okes are fast. Juuuust popped off the back up Walkerville hill and that was that... Still happy with 2:43.

Was also in that group in black kit and on a red and white bianchi, i got guttered from the main bunch after we turned left a bit after the climb (ironically because i got caught out staying  on the correct side and not following the snaking onto the other side of the road - and that was not even where the bunch got DQ'd!).Was happy when you guys came by, because would have been a long road alone. Thought the group worked well together :thumbup:  .

Not sure what the solution is in terms of crossing white line is, i guess as others have said, ok to enforce the rule but then probably need to do it a bit more strictly across groups and races to avoid people feel like they are being treated inconsistently.

You two sure looked like you were on a mission. You had D batch all stung out at the end of the uphill and downhill just before that left turn.

What time did you manage today?

A few seconds under 2:57 - amazing how much time I lost on the final 4 Km.

Looking at the Strava flybys, I lost almost a minute over the final run-in to the finish.

Edited by geraldm24

Was at the front of D batch till half way up walkerville hill. Just had an urge to piss. Dropped the bike on the side and ran over to a tree. Was about the longest piss in a while. Next thing I see the group is over the top and I'm left with some stragglers.

Took me about 5 km to get to a decent group. At about 65 km lost touch and got stuck between groups. Wind was an issue.

Eventually settled with 4 other guys. Worked well together. Last 500 m was crappy with the wind. Finished in 3h06 and 27th in D group. That unscheduled piss stop created havoc.

Didn't do this race but have seen it many times before. Guttering guys on the wrong side of the road is a dangerous douche move. Racing is racing but we should not put other lives in danger in the process, we need to be at work on the Monday again :)

A few DQs for guys crossing the line and it might stop.

Saw a guy on Twitter moaning becuase he didn't get a warning first... Take responsibility pal.

I was looking for you, wanted to see that new machine of yours.

Well apart from the headwind into the final straight for the last 4 km's the wind played nice. Managed a sub 3 (2:59 :)) from DL group. Happy with that.... Edit: Last time I managed a sub 3 for 100km+ was back in 2003

That headwind was a real proes!

Am I the only one that felt the winds between 60 to 70km mark? 

I found myself alone just before the 70km, it was tough till I found my legs just wanted to pedal between 80 to 100km (still alone)... Nice fast section that . Bee stung me at 90km though. Last 5km was a nightmare! 

I could get my 32+km/h I was hoping for (pretty happy it being my 1st Long race). Been on the road bike for just over a month, so excited to get more training now. 

I think I saw you in the EL bunch at the start?

Was also part of the EL break away, was in an Albion kit, thanks to the Germiston Wheelers train, they are machines!! Nice riding with Gerald and the others.

UnderAchiever is bloody strong, he came first in E

Spidey broke away, but we caught him with abt a km or so to go, he rode strong !

I managed a second in EL at 2:52

Edited by W@nna-BE

Ended up in the B batch

Two guys in our batch started hitting each other, apparently the one guy kept cutting the other one off..

This was very interesting..

Tried to break away at the 45km(Stupid Idea)with another rider

Paid interest later in the race,Happy with results

No falls that I know of in our group

Good race

I was also in the B group. One of the Cresta Wheeler's riders. I remember your break and was thankful for it as it caused the rest of the group to calm down a bit.

I burnt too many matches just trying to stay up near the front of the group and got dropped at the bump at 70km. 2:58

Edited by GaryvdM

Nice route, but poor parking setup, and the finish was a mess with people standing around chatting just past the finish line. Maybe if the finish had been 500m further back it would have helped with congestion etc?