40km per Hour Urban speed limit – Bring it on!

The Guy in Pink

What fun the 50km urban speed limit was in the early 1970’s! (when speed limits were reduced due to a fuel crises)

I can remember some marvellous training rides down Ontdekkers from Krugersdorp to Johannesburg, motor pacing the traffic, and resting behind cars at 50km/hour and then sprinting to the next car. What a way to get fit!

Bring the 40km/hour speed limit on! Even the mountain bikers will get to Motor pace traffic.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will only be for TAX paying citizens .Rules do not apply to the Taxi industry .Being able to read and intrepid a traffic sighn is not a prerequisite for their industry  

there are also plenty of tax paying lawless self-centred speeding idiots on the roads

traffic laws only matter if they are enforced 

we have plenty of traffic laws already that no one pays any attention to

what difference would another one make :whistling:

This will only be for TAX paying citizens .Rules do not apply to the Taxi industry .Being able to read and intrepid a traffic sighn is not a prerequisite for their industry  

fork it didn't take long for the standard 'whataboutary' response to anything road related in SA.

i.e. what about the taxis

The only real world difference will be that the signs now read 40 in stead of 60. and it will take me longer to reach my destinations.

is this a Aprils fools joke? 

We live in South Africa, with our guv'munt every day is april fools....they should rename it to SA fool's jokes.

they even make ads about our ridiculousness

Time to start a road signs business and find a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee partner.

Too late pal. These things get changed only when some member of parliament already have a road sign business and need a new contract

Edited by Broker

some more reactive policing...

Instead of proactively reducing the things that cause accidents:

Pedestrians, overloading, unroadworthy vehicles...etc...lets focus on the small percent of deaths that are a result of speeding...not to mention the immense cost of nationally changing all the signage!

bunch of palookas

http://www.wheels24.co.za/Arrive-Safe/New-road-rules-for-SA-20kmh-speed-limit-drop-20150514

Drivers to be re-evaluated when renewing a licence
 • No more than five people to be carried in a bakkie load bed
 • Children not to be transported in a bakkie load bed
 • Speed limits to be reduced from 60 to 40km/h in urban areas, from 100 to 80km/h in rural areas and from 120 to 100km/h on freeways running through a residential area
 • Goods vehicles above 9000kg GVM to be banned from public roads during peak travelling times