Trail Daze - Cederberg | Where It All Started

ewaldsadie

While visiting the Cederberg mountains in 2014, I quickly realized this uniquely beautiful and surreal vast landscape would lure me back to try and capture its magical atmosphere through photography. The emphasis being on try, as the sheer size and unlimited features of this area would make that impossible. It was this same atmosphere, and the idea of simple, uncontested riding and exploring with a couple of friends, without time limits, that inspired the whole Trail Daze project to begin with.

Click here to view the article

That's amazing, would love to that soon.

Did they really need the pic of the guy peeing?

Roo cannot help himself.

Great write up, awesome pics and it sucks that it's not Friday yet.. Cedarberg, I'm on my way!

Nice article

Been wanting to ride out there for a while now but the riding buddies dont wanna go that far :-(

Great pics! Which trails are these? I love the cederberg but have never really ridden there. We once road the donkey trail from pakhuis to heuningvlei which was cool, but not really single track.

Are these the sandrift trails? If so, have they added some more single track?

Are these the sandrift trails? If so, have they added some more single track?

Some of them looks very much like Sanddrift trails. 

Great pictures!

While visiting the Cederberg mountains in 2014, I quickly realized this uniquely beautiful and surreal vast landscape would lure me back to try and capture its magical atmosphere through photography. The emphasis being on try, as the sheer size and unlimited features of this area would make that impossible. It was this same atmosphere, and the idea of simple, uncontested riding and exploring with a couple of friends, without time limits, that inspired the whole Trail Daze project to begin with.

Click here to view the article

Saw it on Pinkbike. Absolutely fantastic outlay and presentation. Also enjoyed your interview with Needles, was lekker to see such Saffer centric material making it on there! Keep up the good work!

Norman, these are the Sanddrif trails. There are a few other mtb specific trails in the Cederberg but Sanddrif has the most (and the best quality, IMO). They have added quite a lot of new trail to the loop on the Western side (Maltese cross side) which make it's far more interesting (though the switchback climb is brutal in the heat!). I still need to update my maps on my website to show the new trails but they are well marked.

Anybody keen to join iRide for a weekend tour out this way in the near future? Planning on a brilliant weekend of riding, skills clinics and bike mechanic courses.

Norman, these are the Sanddrif trails. There are a few other mtb specific trails in the Cederberg but Sanddrif has the most (and the best quality, IMO). They have added quite a lot of new trail to the loop on the Western side (Maltese cross side) which make it's far more interesting (though the switchback climb is brutal in the heat!). I still need to update my maps on my website to show the new trails but they are well marked.

Anybody keen to join iRide for a weekend tour out this way in the near future? Planning on a brilliant weekend of riding, skills clinics and bike mechanic courses.

From joBerg, so just any old weekend may be difficult. But with same advance notice and careful planning it may be possible to make a plan ... rode a bit there in December, and would love any excuse to go back there.

Would a Hard Tail survive out there or would I need a full sus? Other than that all I'd need is for you to do one trip/skills session during my leave period.

A hardtail is fine (anywhere really!), but there are some technical sections that are tough. Mostly low speed technical stuff though so if you have the skills, you can make it! I'll get back to you hubbers with dates for a proposed trip and we can see what the interest is.

A hardtail is fine (anywhere really!), but there are some technical sections that are tough. Mostly low speed technical stuff though so if you have the skills, you can make it! I'll get back to you hubbers with dates for a proposed trip and we can see what the interest is.

Well that would depend on what you mean by low speed tech sections. And is it like anything I'd previously would've encountered at Tokai?