Show us your KOMs on Strava

Ryno.

I get that 99.9% of the time it's just an innocent case of "forgot to stop my Garmin when I got into the car". But why leave it on Strava just to annoy people and not just crop your ride - don't get why some people get a kick out of that?

Yes, I noticed my watch was still recording as I was driving. It was the minutes looking for the crop function when I got back home that screwed me over, did not leave it to annoy.

What would you regard as a fair amount of time for someone to crop a ride?

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I noticed my watch was still recording as I was driving. It was the minutes looking for the crop function when I got back home that screwed me over, did not leave it to annoy.

Fair enough, that wasn't clear from your earlier post. Last time I left my Garmin on by accident between the time I switched off the Garmin in the garage and the minute it took to walk to my PC to crop my ride someone already flagged me (no hate comments though) so I believe you...

I usually just ignore it when its the other way around, usually there is someone else who also lost a KOM eager enough to flag the ride or the person will crop the ride eventually.

So you get joy from intentionally being annoying to others. Well done. You win a troll KOM.

No, I just thought getting grilled for something that should be obvious is funny.

And I thought some in here might think so too.

The luxury of riding from home door to door ????‍♂️

Try set your watch to auto stop ????

And have the notification beep sound set loud

Then when you stop it will beep and hopefully remind you to stop recording

I don’t even bother with KOM’s, there are way to many much better riders around here, not to mention pros times on the more popular climbs.

It is nice comparing segments and seeing how your times progress or if you get a PR

This Thibaut Pinot dude and his riding buddies pop up quite often

One of the popular hill climbs in our area, unfortunately for KOM chasers it was also used by the Tour de Suisse

post-182-0-72847700-1563430870_thumb.png

Ok I only joined the conversation on page 20 so I'm not too keen to go through all the previous comments to confirm that I'm the only one who's mentioned this.

One glaring obvious question I've got: 

The segment Ryno points out: https://www.strava.com/segments/3986428 he has never been KOM as the KOM has been KOM since 2015 and my second observation is that his average stats is as follows: 

Avg Rides / Week 1

Avg Distance / Week 28 km

Avg Time / Week 1h 20m

With a total distance for 2019 of a staggering - 111.30km

So if its soooooo impressive to be KOM then start riding and log the KOM's more frequently, we all need something new to chase  :thumbup:

Edited by RobertWhitehead

Ok I only joined the conversation on page 20 so I'm not too keen to go through all the previous comments to confirm that I'm the only one who's mentioned this.

One glaring obvious question I've got: 

The segment Ryno points out: https://www.strava.com/segments/3986428 he has never been KOM as the KOM has been KOM since 2015 and my second observation is that his average stats is as follows: 

Avg Rides / Week 1

Avg Distance / Week 28 km

Avg Time / Week 1h 20m

With a total distance for 2019 of a staggering - 111.30km

So if its soooooo impressive to be KOM then start riding and log the KOM's more frequently, we all need something new to chase  :thumbup:

Ryno does not ride that much anymore.  He did once.  Seasonal cyclist.

Took quite a few of my KOMs at one stage.

But this particular one............it's going to stay for a while.   :thumbup: 

Not even going to try..........JvR is in town so if you piss him off now he'll just go take 30 of you other ones!!!  :clap:

Looks very close to OR Tambo, must’ve bee using Strava in flight. Hence the hectic speeds????????

Dalk was sy op n E-bike met NOS of iets.

I will be crying myself to sleep tonight

Just got stripped of a 20 plus minute KOM which I've had since 1998 or something

Yes it sucks  :cursing:

Had a 30km KOM out on my regular gravel training route, lost and won it back again a number of times over the last 10 years.

But a few weeks back our SA XCM champ smashed my KOM by about 5 minutes, even had time to stop twice for selfies. No way I'm ever getting that one back.

I guess its always a matter of time before someone with actual talent comes along and smash the illusion...

Yes it sucks  :cursing:

Had a 30km KOM out on my regular gravel training route, lost and won it back again a number of times over the last 10 years.

But a few weeks back our SA XCM champ smashed my KOM by about 5 minutes, even had time to stop twice for selfies. No way I'm ever getting that one back.

I guess its always a matter of time before someone with actual talent comes along and smash the illusion...

This one was 25 percent tar and 75%ish gravel 

I will be crying myself to sleep tonight

Just got stripped of a 20 plus minute KOM which I've had since 1998 or something

Many titles from that time have been stripped. You are lucky it took 20 years to catch you!

(Any dodgy insinuations are of course entirely coincidental...)

• 7 months later...

Some good news for those "worried" about losing your KOM to a person that forgets to switch off their unit when driving home, or other suspected inaccurate activities:

https://blog.strava.com/theyre-here-updates-to-the-feed-segments-and-more/?utm_source=strava&utm_medium=dorado

Auto-Flagging for Accuracy
From now on, we’ll be working to cut down on the number of leaderboards that are clearly inaccurate and unfair. To do this, we improved the algorithm behind our auto-detection of segment records that aren’t quite right. Starting this week, when a new effort on a segment doesn't look right, or even possible, that athlete will get a notification – on their phone and Strava.com – that their effort was automatically flagged.

Module-2.png
  We know most of the time flagged activities are an honest mistake. You finish a hard workout, barely catch your breath, then drive away at 40mph without hitting stop on your watch or phone. It can happen to anyone. But now, once you’re notified about your flagged activity, you can edit your workout to remove the unintended data – right from your phone.

Activity cropping is simple, quick and perfect for those times you could’ve sworn you’d finished recording.

To crop an inaccurate activity: click into your activity’s details and tap the three dots at the top right corner. Then, select Crop and use the slider tool to select the correct time when the activity started and ended.

We’re stoked to help both your activities and segment leaderboards stay more accurate and authentic than before.
Module-2b.png
Edited by Frosty