Show us your KOMs on Strava

Ryno.

So I saw a segment that was on a route I often rode. Without really zooming in to see the exact start/end points I went and klapped it only to see after the ride it never even registered. After zooming in I checked the oke who created it had made it end in his complex, basically at the gate. I wasn't bothered to try again and race up to the gate only to turn around.

:lol:

Some guys are desperate for the bragging rights.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Create a new segment that starts in that commercial park on the left at the bottom, like in the parking lot of that Portuguese restaurant, and ends in the middle of the intersection. Instant KOM.

Instant KOM for a few hour at best, then someone stronger than me will come through and smash it. :)

I'm not worried about getting the KOM, just setting my own personal records and like to compare how badly I do against the strong guys.

Although there are a few segments around where I could swear the leaders did not do those times under their own steam. But maybe that just me being weak.

I can't remember, where does the segment end? at the robot that goes over the highway or further up after flattening out? I rode this hill about 3 weeks ago with the early morning guys but we turned left over the highway towards all the factories.

Turning right at the robot is another lekker little climb.

EDIT: Don't worry, just checked it out now.

There is also a longer segment that ends on top of the climb, after the robot -Easy Peasy Macro i think

Although there are a few segments around where I could swear the leaders did not do those times under their own steam. But maybe that just me being weak.

I was visiting the inlaws in Kimberley last week, took a few KOMs on some of the backroads, then got back in town, hakked a mine truck at over 55kmh average from one intersection circle, over a "hill", to the next circle and thought I definitely smashed an illegitimate KOM there. Got back home and saw I'm not even in the Top 10 haha.. apparently there's a lot of mine trucks around town to motor pace you to segment glory.

I was visiting the inlaws in Kimberley last week, took a few KOMs on some of the backroads, then got back in town, hakked a mine truck at over 55kmh average from one intersection circle, over a "hill", to the next circle and thought I definitely smashed an illegitimate KOM there. Got back home and saw I'm not even in the Top 10 haha.. apparently there's a lot of mine trucks around town to motor pace you to segment glory.

There is a KOM along my commute .... stiff little uphill, and yet the KOM is almost 70km/h .... yeah sure ...

PS - not mine, not even on the ebike ...

Edited by ChrisF

There is a KOM along my commute .... stiff little uphill, and yet the KOM is almost 70km/h .... yeah sure ...

Of course to slipstream a truck (or whatever) at that speed, uphill, is no mean feat.

Probably against the spirit of strava, but that's meaningless to me. Like their rule against cyclists pacing each other to a kom. It's all not very real world, is it?

Edited by TNT1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

3:26 waaaay back in 2014 for me. I would probably do it in double that time now. I am a free strava user so can only see the top 10, I am sure a sub 4 min is still pretty high up the leader board as the top 10 are mostly very good licensed riders.

3:33 tonight. I’m coming for you LWB

Go have a look at the ride, could have been in a car. There are so many guys near me that ride in the reserve, then get into their cars and forget to switch off their computers and take a whole bunch in the car. They also too lazy or don't know how to crop the ride. I often have to flag rides like that.

Go have a look at the ride, could have been in a car. There are so many guys near me that ride in the reserve, then get into their cars and forget to switch off their computers and take a whole bunch in the car. They also too lazy or don't know how to crop the ride. I often have to flag rides like that.

I was playing around on Strava the other day, cant remember where I saw it, think it was one of the challenges, the leader for the day did 4000 odd km at an average speed of over 1000 km/h. Clearly took a flight somewhere and did not stop his watch/computer.

I was playing around on Strava the other day, cant remember where I saw it, think it was one of the challenges, the leader for the day did 4000 odd km at an average speed of over 1000 km/h. Clearly took a flight somewhere and did not stop his watch/computer.

Ave Speed of over 1000 km/h you say? No commercial flight is capable of such speeds after the demise of concorde, so this bloke must be a fighter pilot then. So I cry foul on his forgetting to stop his watch.

I see Robbie already posted about over 1000 not being commercial. I did see once someone record a flight but the gps must have lost signal shortly after take off and only picked up again on landing and the flight was just a straight line. I can only imagine as soon as signal was lost it may have paused and then resumed again on touch down because it was only like a 30 min "ride" but from London (iicr) to Joburg. Also had a crazy average speed because it worked out the lost distance in between signal loss and it had a movement time of 30 min.