Hollard JUMA 2015: Rocking the new routes

News bot

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ZAR399 for 54km must be the MOST expensive race in the country.

C'mon, is this legit or is it gouging?

ZAR399 for 54km must be the MOST expensive race in the country.

C'mon, is this legit or is it gouging?

Sure its not even close to being to most expensive. Considering scaffolding and all the other equipment it seems reasonable. Oh and don't forget all the medics 

They say the route will be run in reverse this year, surely starting the downhill to Bryanston drive will cause more congestion and bottlenecks than last year? Doesn't an early climb separate the field a bit? just a thought or am I missing something?

• 1 month later...

Has anyone thought about lights and floating bridges?

Not a good mix if you dont stay on the floating bridge....

Although there are a couple of races which have that combination.  Heia Safari night series for one.

Guys! Big picture! Cape Epic entrance fee: R59 600 / 8 stages = R 7 450 per stage. So the cost of JUMA is 18% the price of a epic stage.

No thanks, I haven't heard anything good about it from last year... I ride the spruit every weekend... so this is boring for me....

No thanks, I haven't heard anything good about it from last year... I ride the spruit every weekend... so this is boring for me....

I ride the spruit most weekends and twice in the week commuting; yes it does get boring...

The sections added on for Juma however makes the race a lot of fun. Proper urban mountain biking.

I wonder how much of the 54km Juma route most people actually ride each weekend? Thinking about it, probably less than 40% of the Juma route is on traditional spruit trails. Maybe less.

This is turning into a real Marmite event.