Sani2c 2016

Squier

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great three days. Kakked off with the heat after an Irish winter, but loved the whole experience. Sad it's over and back to reality tomorrow. Great bunch of people towards the back few batches. Loved it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great 3 days on the trail. Compliments to the organisers for listening to the complaints from last year. Clothing excellent quality. We didn't stop once on single tract due to congestion - well except for the one section which was a knee deep mud. Food was good and finish had more of a vibe. Glad I came back for another try.

My husband said they had light hail and rain after 4pm. Glad he packed the heavier sleeping bag.

didnt need it...was way warmer than last year. I packed the same clothes and was too hot. Besides the mud conditions were absolutely perfect we could not have asked for better weather. Race guys definitely got the best conditions, Adventure probably second best and the Trail guys having to suffer a long hard day two in the mud,  the worst off. Had an exceptional second Sani2C. Nice that the Jolivet bathrooms have been upgraded for ladies.  Food was also very nice.

Only complaint is that there doesnt seem to be arrangements by race organisers to help people who are ill and cannot ride. Friend was told to "walk over there" and hitch a ride with spectators from McK to Jolivet. Spent the day with a kindly couple who were seconding their son. Meanwhile he had a bug and needed to be resting in his tent. Again this morning announcer was looking for a lift for people and bikes to Scottsburgh. Very poor. 

Is there anyone who can give 2 riders plus bikes a lift from Pietermaritzburg to Joburg tomorrow? Car broke down during the shuttle run to Scottburgh, so it's in Underberg and not drivable, with both of us needing to be in the office on Monday...

I have just 1 question: who was that "Red Bull" girl? Oh my goodness!!!

All the Red Bull girls...sweet!

I decided not to do Sani again.......what the hell was I thinking?........knock head against the wall some more....... wha e hell was I inking........ .knok.......... haed........ tinking....... nkock....... thign....... ock....... th........ kn................. fffffffffffft

Not that I care much about the time but the results don't seem to have the final day included, which seems weird since all the other days were up very quickly. Am I missing something, or will they put up later?

I thought the food was great, especially considering how many people they had to feed. No complaints here.

Edited by Zook

Zook have you looked on spectrum sport?

On a separate note, the glasses we got in our goody bags...can anyone tell me what conditions one would use blue lenses to ride in?

Sorry but the food for me was not really that good. Cold hard boiled eggs on the last day. Not great. Will stick to my local stage races. Otherwise great. Farmer Glen is a stella bloke. Got my picture with him.

Sure cold hard boiled eggs , but hot boerie rolls , with fried onion relish , two different kind of hot porridge and Lots of other fruits and yogurts , great spread really !

Sorry but the food for me was not really that good. Cold hard boiled eggs on the last day. Not great. Will stick to my local stage races. Otherwise great. Farmer Glen is a stella bloke. Got my picture with him.

67a2cdf660bd8b979d8d095693726dfc.jpg

You must have missed the two porridge options, the boerie rolls, the cereals and all the other Lekker breakfast options in the last day