Sani2c 2016

Squier

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will add I have used the service before, I just think initially it was parents, teachers, "friends" of the school,,, now I'm not sure ALL ASSumption

My car was returned with a rear flat wheel. When inspected by a tyre place at the dorp at the finish, it had what can be described as a bullet hole through the rim and tyre. A puncture from just driving along, I guess...

My car was returned with a rear flat wheel. When inspected by a tyre place at the dorp at the finish, it had what can be described as a bullet hole through the rim and tyre. A puncture from just driving along, I guess...

If you use the driver service to get your car to Scottburgh, leave the driver a little snack pack and a note to ask him/her to drive nice and slow, and remind them that your car has a gps tracker and that you will inspect the log after your ride.

• 3 weeks later...

the shuttle is a really easy option. they collect you and you can just sit back and chill. no worrying about parking and who’s going to drive your car. also cheaper.

If you use the driver service to get your car to Scottburgh, leave the driver a little snack pack and a note to ask him/her to drive nice and slow, and remind them that your car has a gps tracker and that you will inspect the log after your ride.

Indeed - I had a platkar with low profile tyres - left a packet of biltong and and a note (please avoid potholes, these tyres cost a bomb, enjoy the biltong) and got both a nice reply and no dented rims.

Given that they are shuttling many cars in a given time on a road that they know, I'm not surprised that they may drive with a little more panache than one might choose.

Edited by davetapson

the shuttle is a really easy option. they collect you and you can just sit back and chill. no worrying about parking and who’s going to drive your car. also cheaper.

Which shuttle, Whitters?  I assume you don't mean the car shuttle?

http://www.sani2c.co.za/DisplayLink.aspx?group=Services&name=Car%20shuttles

So for a couple from jhb, only option is to drive there, or is there some kinda shuttle from here? Or do you mean "airport transport" from Scottsburg beach?

http://www.sani2c.co.za/DisplayLink.aspx?group=Services&name=Airport%20transport

Yes. it is a shuttle organised specifically for sani2c. they collect you from DBN airport and take you to the start. on the final day they collect from Scottburgh and drop you back at the airport.

Airport Shuttle services for sani2c 2016 will be offered by the following service providers:

Choice Tours Coach Logistics

I have a Sani2C Trail entry that I'm looking to get rid of....consists of team entry...camping and dinner the night before at Glencairn and team substitution fee. Contact me please.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all. My partner and I may not be able to ride trail this year. Anyone interested?

Edited by Woza

So, Sani2c is a month away. Who is planning on hitting Day 0 this year? We're going to give it a go. What's better than some carbo loading at the highest pub in Africa?!?

So I have been offered a spot to do the Maluti DOuble 90 Road event on May 7, before Adventure starts on the Wednesday....do I do it or am I being an idiot and will regret it with every pedal stroke up the Umkomaas? 

So I have been offered a spot to do the Maluti DOuble 90 Road event on May 7, before Adventure starts on the Wednesday....do I do it or am I being an idiot and will regret it with every pedal stroke up the Umkomaas?

Do it!!! Worst case is that you suffer for a few hours on S2C day 2....but the bragging rights more than make for it