Sani2c 2016

Squier

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok GREAT event, this is my 9th start and 8th finish.

Only 2 gripes:

1. Day One showers.

2. The boxes and the shuttled cars being so far away from each other. Still would give up my jacket, rain jacket and T Shirt to get a bag we could keep.

Actually, she is Angelique Roux. (angie_fitness_roux) The one with the short-short torn shorts... I was going to overdose on the redbull, but we had a race to finish...

And she has a boyfriend as big as a double decker bus!

it sounds like she managed to get the guys cold eggs heated up? :devil:

Was my first Sani and was absolutely blown away with the quality of the event. Am not just talking about the trail quality but also the logistics set up for the riders (tents, feeding stations, showers etc.). .o mean feat to provide for three batches of 1200 riders each

I know Glen is always looking for areas for improvements and in that light was wondering whether it would be better to have the final black box drop off at the Scottburgh school grounds rather than at the finish venue.

This would allow riders who have to pick up a car (think that is a majority) to get the medal, eat a burger, get bike washed and take a leisurely ride up to the school where they can then directly transfer all their stuff from the box to their bags and drop on the car. Would thus avoid the current congestion at the finish and long walks to cars with bike and big bags.

Think it would also benefit those who get picked up as due to big reduction in cars cramming into finish area

Not sure whether this has been done previously though so thought it a good idea to bounce of the Hub community before pinging Boss Glen

Thoughts?

Guest notmyname

Well, I had a blast! Enjoyed the 2nd and last day more as it suited the fatty more. I rode all the way up "push of a climb" and made it up 95% of "work to be done" before another guy stepped in front of me while pushing.

We were looking forward to the famed Karan Steaks at Jolivet, but the gas braais were a little hot and the steaks got seared badly (mine and my BIL's in any case).

Slick organisation in 99.9% of the cases.

Last water bridge with the humps was a hoot...

Quality steaks must bleed.????

Was my first Sani and was absolutely blown away with the quality of the event. Am not just talking about the trail quality but also the logistics set up for the riders (tents, feeding stations, showers etc.). .o mean feat to provide for three batches of 1200 riders each

I know Glen is always looking for areas for improvements and in that light was wondering whether it would be better to have the final black box drop off at the Scottburgh school grounds rather than at the finish venue.

This would allow riders who have to pick up a car (think that is a majority) to get the medal, eat a burger, get bike washed and take a leisurely ride up to the school where they can then directly transfer all their stuff from the box to their bags and drop on the car. Would thus avoid the current congestion at the finish and long walks to cars with bike and big bags.

Think it would also benefit those who get picked up as due to big reduction in cars cramming into finish area

Not sure whether this has been done previously though so thought it a good idea to bounce of the Hub community before pinging Boss Glen

Thoughts?

I think that's a great idea! Repacking everything in the parking lot is the pits!

This would allow riders who have to pick up a car (think that is a majority) to get the medal, eat a burger, get bike washed and take a leisurely ride up to the school where they can then directly transfer all their stuff from the box to their bags and drop on the car. 

Thoughts?

Agree that the current setup is not working and you might be on to something.

But speaking from personal experience, doing that "leisurely ride" ie climbing up to the school after the legs have cooled down at the finish line... There will be some serious "sense of humour" fails! Also having 1000's of tired cyclists on the day making their way through the town traffic on the day might be courting some potential accidents for which the organisers don't want to be blamed.

Scottburgh does not have adequate infrastructure for an event of this size. I don’t see any way that the organizers or the community can improve matters further. No matter what they do, the distances involved and the congestion caused by all the riders, supporters and vehicles is going to be inconvenient

Sure it’s a ball-ache to carry 3-days’ worth of kit in black bags while pushing a bike to a parking lot 500m away from the finish, but I’ve also just endured almost 300km of cycling.  So carrying a plastic bag certainly isn’t the toughest thing that I’ve done that day.

I really like Gnarly’s suggestion of issuing riders with 100L Sani branded bags. I saw some pretty cool looking W2W bags that some of the riders used.

Hell. I’ll gladly pay an extra R1000 or so for a Sani Bag over-and-above the standard (awesome) goodies. I’d then get some sweet Sani2c mission patches that I’d sew onto my bag!

I can grab my bag from my black box, pick-up my finishers shirt, have a beer & burger and then pedal a couple of hundred meters to the vehicle with my kit on my back

Does she have a Instagram account? I would like her selfies more than our local selfie king #Ilovemyselfevan

Can't believe that people still opt for this when their bodies need fuel

But Like Noakes said on News24 last week. You must only eat in the Morning. That must last for 9-12 hours. Which I still can't believe. I mean, if you going to have a hard training session in the afternoon, you must fuel up! How can you survive the whole day on just b/fast. Or am I reading his "quote" wrong.

But Like Noakes said on News24 last week. You must only eat in the Morning. That must last for 9-12 hours. Which I still can't believe. I mean, if you going to have a hard training session in the afternoon, you must fuel up! How can you survive the whole day on just b/fast. Or am I reading his "quote" wrong.

I don't think he is talking about people who are doing any significant amount of exercise. Also, as he says, LCHF is not for everyone, but everyone can benefit from cutting refined carbs/sugar.

Best food you'll get at any Stage Race (waterpoints & racing villages). If you want to whine over a cold boiled egg rather stick to your local races wherever that may be.

For me the waterpoints at W2W is better, rest was same same.

Trail was very nice (organisers cant be blamed for the Velcro mud), the water from the Clover tanker just before the Spur climb was a lifesaver, sweetest water I've tasted.

Damn, she is HOT!!!!!!! I will enter just to she her dance again.. :ph34r: :whistling:

My partner asked me why we stopping for Red Bull when I don't even drink the stuff....I asked him if he was farking blind!!!!

Archived