Re Spray by Bogus Designs

I don't want to kick a guy who's down, but if you don't answer your IG and refuse to use a phone, your emails can't slip through the cracks

Great that Bogus has friends and support here but seriously

His business his choice and I'm not judging his way of doing things, I just don't think you can defend him not replying to social media/email and not taking calls - can't have it both ways

If you want to jump though hoops and get great work done, Bogus seems to be the guy

I agree, but I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt in these circumstances. I know I've missed emails before, and had to fight fires because of that, so I was extending the same courtesy. I've never dealt with Anton personally, though, so I'm not sure if this was a once-off or a standard thing. 

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile... back at Bogus Designs HQ

3ad401944571eb8d86cc256f361331e3.gif

Thats true, he is one of the most caring guys.... but he doesn't GIF, in the good way.

I agree, but I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt in these circumstances. I know I've missed emails before, and had to fight fires because of that, so I was extending the same courtesy. I've never dealt with Anton personally, though, so I'm not sure if this was a once-off or a standard thing. 

Definitely not standard I think. Took me a while to get his details, but once I sent him a mail, he responded within 20min. Had a back and forth email discussion of around 10 mails, responses all around 20mins apart(Took me longer to respond than it took him), and dropped off my bike two days later.

No doubt his work is top notch good for him that his business operates so brilliantly without a phone

His business his choice and if his workshop is full then it's obviously the right choice. 

Wish mine worked like that, I have to talk to annoying customers instead of them just efting me money

Also still busy solving that conundrum 

Meanwhile... back at Bogus Designs HQ

3ad401944571eb8d86cc256f361331e3.gif

so if we deduce that:

if 0 = no F@#Ks are given.

and +3 = 3 F@#Ks given....

then -20 must mean that he is indeed taking or receiving 20 F@#Ks ?

so we have established that Bogus is either so swag that F@#Ks are received a plenty....or he's a man whore...

^_^

We live a few kilometers from Bogus .... he absolutely refused to meet in person to see the bike and discuss the project.  His only method of communication was emails.

Typically it took 4 to 6 days per email to get an answer.

I still think his work is pure art !!  But his lack of communication eventually got me to look at alternatives.  In the end it took 4 minutes of face time, and about 4 emails with the other company to complete the design and get the job done.

But if you have a standard spray job, and want to be able to speak to somebody .... there are others out there that tick these boxes.

Definitely not standard I think. Took me a while to get his details, but once I sent him a mail, he responded within 20min. Had a back and forth email discussion of around 10 mails, responses all around 20mins apart(Took me longer to respond than it took him), and dropped off my bike two days later.

Same experience that's why I'm a bit perplexed :-(

Bogus' wife works in front line healthcare and it is quite possible that she / they are at the moment in a situation where bike painting is not that important / possible, if my own experience is anything to go by, I would wait for more normal times.

Im not saying this is the case with Bogus, but its the case with me.

Im a pretty heavy introvert, there are times when Im recharged from being in my own space for a while and can interact merrily with people.

Next minute I can receive a whatsapp from a good mate and not be able to find the energy to read it and reply.

Im in the IT industry and not client facing, Im also good enough at what I do that everyone accepts it.

Again, not saying its the case with Bogus but its also entirely possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Patch, who did the design for this? Asking as I currently have a similar project with Anton and finishing my mock up. Thanks.

Finally got the bike back.

So my old man is/was a big Kenny Roberts fan. So for his 55th birthday, I surprised him and got his Scott Scale RC sorted by Bogus.... BLOWN away as always.

He did the frame, wheels, bar, stem and seat post.

The inspiration:

Bogus%204_zpsclh6o30r.jpg?t=1558252411

The results, you cant see the detail of the paint in the pics, its even more impressive when you are it in the light.

Bogus%201_zps7ozk04sg.jpg?t=1558252415

Bogus%203_zps5umev6ym.jpg?t=1558252415

Bogus%202_zpslzzwg9ce.jpg?t=1558252415

Bogus%206_zpsj1iycacr.jpg

Bogus%205_zpsw05p2bth.jpg

Patch, who did the design for this? Asking as I currently have a similar project with Anton and finishing my mock up. Thanks.

Bogus did. I left it all up to him. Only part I asked for was the 55 on the fork as it was my old mans 55th birthday.

Leave the art to the artists I say ;)

Bogus did. I left it all up to him. Only part I asked for was the 55 on the fork as it was my old mans 55th birthday.

Leave the art to the artists I say ;)

Great thanks. Agree - leave skill to the artisans and art to the artists