The NON-LCHF thread

jcza

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My GP's (also a cyclist) approach to food is quite simple.

If it's man made its bad for you, everything else in moderation

That sound sensible to me. I'm still amazed that when Noakes gave advice that basically said a child should be weaned onto vegetables and meat he was summonsed to a disciplinary. So what we ate for millions of years is now labelled a fad. We should rather eat stuff made in a factory. Just seems wrong to me.

But I think it's taken too far. Like carbs are labelled almost a poison. Also seems wrong to me.

My GP's (also a cyclist) approach to food is quite simple.

If it's man made its bad for you, everything else in

M O D E R A T I O N

My wife's uncle has run 27 Comrades and 7 Ironman events, he has been on the Tim Noakes diet for nearly 2 years and this year was the first time he didn't finish Comrades.

For me, I believe in whole foods, if they came from the ground then they good....if they processed then stay away. 

There may be the odd "freak" out there that can survive on Protein and fat only, but I reckon 90% of us need carbs to sustain energy...

Just my 2cents.

What is "moderation" And please define "balanced" with metrics? As in how much of your calorie by %.

And therein lies the problem.

I am also a firm believer in the theory that it's not just what and how much you eat but when. Carbs in the evening is a no no for me. Actually after lunch I avoid as much as possible.

They say round is a shape so I am definitely in shape and it's hard to stay in shape without carbs........

If you look at a lot of the aero helmets they are round in front. Rounder is more aero......

If you look at a lot of the aero helmets they are round in front. Rounder is more aero......

But they are skinny towards the back, so get dik on top but make sure you don't get cankles! You need to look like a teardrop!

What is "moderation" And please define "balanced" with metrics? As in how much of your calorie by %.

I'm currently doing 60% carb, 15% fat & 25% protein but its a big training week. Will adjust carb intake accordingly when training load decreases. 

The dutchies say it best, (spelling)

Moët niks eet met die word te in nie.........

Te veel,

Te min.

Basically moderation ,,,,what was I saying again oh ja mmmmmmm beer

Enige iets met 'n 'te' in is sleg vir die mens, behalwe 'te voet', en 'te perd.'