The NON-LCHF thread

jcza

I just completed my second attempt at LCHF. Some of you might have seen my blog when I was doing the Smack the Fat Challenge with Atkins SA. I don't want to hijack the LCHF thread but the blog is continuing and I'll post updates here. 

http://eatingtotrain.blogspot.com/2015/07/back-on-carbs.html

Summary: If you're an endurance athlete carbs make you faster. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy,

Who gave me my first batch of ingredients for bullet proof coffee again,,,

Let me go check that other FRED ,,, you pulling a "noakes type" turn about,

Dips runs off

Oh boy,

Who gave me my first batch of ingredients for bullet proof coffee again,,,

Let me go check that other FRED ,,, you pulling a "noakes type" turn about,

Dips runs off

Tried twice and failed twice. I'm yet to meet anyone or see any evidence that LCHF makes you ride faster. 

Got some coconut oil if you're interested. Special price just for you obviously  :whistling:

I regulate my weight with Low Carb. It's easy to drop weight. As soon as I hit certain targets I add carbs back at certain times in limited quantities. One more kg to lose and I'm back to mielie pap for breakfast. About another week I think.

Funny how the lCHF thing sounds so easy but after a month I start dreaming of rye bread with marmalade jam. And Ice cream. And ginger beer. And pasta. Oh dear. Seems I have started already

I never go carb free when doing high intensity training. It is simply a waste of time in my opinion.

The problem with any sort of plan that totally eliminates certain foods is doomed to fail for me......

The moment I tell myself I can't have something, my rebellious nature rises up and i start craving it. 

The trick is portion control.  Two squares of chocolate form the slab is ok.....but I must make sure I give the rest of the slab to my kids straight away otherwise I will eat the whole thing!

I think it is a sign of a mature athlete when you know what works for you regardless of popular myths, lies and other "facts".

When people ask what diet I am on, have lost quite a bit of weight since March, I always say I am on the 'I am old enough to know what I should and shouldn't eat' diet.

Very little carbs, no sugar and mostly protein, I find I can still train as much and hard as I've always done. I do 'race' on carbs though but luckily I'm just a weekend warrior so to speak.

Me - I'm a "middle path" kinda guy. I hate "extreme" diets. Cutting out anything makes no sense to me. Moderation in all things has served me well my whole life.

I'd like to claim to be the starter of the MCMF diet :-)

When people ask what diet I am on, have lost quite a bit of weight since March, I always say I am on the 'I am old enough to know what I should and shouldn't eat' diet.

Very little carbs, no sugar and mostly protein, I find I can still train as much and hard as I've always done. I do 'race' on carbs though but luckily I'm just a weekend warrior so to speak.

This.