New ballot-style entry process for 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish they would wake up and make it minimum qualifying, I'm so sick of uneducated unfit wallies making it an abortion for riders trying to be competitive, safely !!!! So its a lotto, make them put into cycling first by riding other races ! Qualify dammit !

I wish they would wake up and make it minimum qualifying, I'm so sick of uneducated unfit wallies making it an abortion for riders trying to be competitive, safely !!!! So its a lotto, make them put into cycling first by riding other races ! Qualify dammit !

This should be done for all big events, MTB included

Ever heard of the concept called seeding?

Imagine a family from Gauteng all want to enter and one of them doesn't get lucky in the lottery. Be a bit annoying really.

I think I will skip it, again.

If you are lucky enough to live more than 500km from CPT - PPA upcountry membership is something like R160. A fairly cheap way to get a good early bite at the cherry?

Imagine a family from Gauteng all want to enter and one of them doesn't get lucky in the lottery. Be a bit annoying really.

I think I will skip it, again.

If you are lucky enough to live more than 500km from CPT - PPA upcountry membership is something like R160. A fairly cheap way to get a good early bite at the cherry?

And if some family members are school kids then their membership is even cheaper.

I would imagine that if only 3 of my team of 4 manage to get entries, then a friendly phone call to the PPA to explain the tragedy, will result in an entry for the 4th rider. Otherwise I'll just buy him a charity entry or get a substitution entry.

Whatever happens, I'm pretty confident NOBODY who REALLY wants to ride the Argus will be excluded. 

Yes but then they will sit with issues re entry fees. So why not rather up the entry and allow any one in. It is after all A FUNRIDE not a race.

If you want to race get a licence and race.

Yes but then they will sit with issues re entry fees. So why not rather up the entry and allow any one in. It is after all A FUNRIDE not a race.

If you want to race get a licence and race.

A fact so easily forgotten by many.!

A fact so easily forgotten by many.!

I always wonder why that is repeated so often. If I train for it,work to get seeding, ride as hard as I can - why is it more of a fun ride than say the Panorama? I can assure you that I find it tough because I go as hard as I can. I don't particularly want my ride to be spoiled by some inconsiderate rider that received a free entry. Plenty of space in the last group (where I may join them for a second lap).