Sani2C riders banned after reporting flasher

Sidmouth

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I waited 10 years to do it and coincidentally did the 10th last year. Great weather, great partner, comfortable ride, all round good experience. With so many other events out there I don't understand why folks continue doing the same one over and over... Eksemaarnet.

After a few pages we still only got the one side !! Lack of reply from the other party makes it easier to accept that it really happened .

After a few pages we still only got the one side !! Lack of reply from the other party makes it easier to accept that it really happened .

That is the worrying part, could there be be truth in this?

Still doesn't make sense but I really would like reassurance that safety concerns are being given serious consideration. And no I am not asking  for policing of the entire route just that "hotspots"are on the organisers radar, an earlier suggestion of employing locals to secure those areas is a good idea.

That is the worrying part, could there be be truth in this?

Still doesn't make sense but I really would like reassurance that safety concerns are being given serious consideration. And no I am not asking  for policing of the entire route just that "hotspots"are on the organisers radar, an earlier suggestion of employing locals to secure those areas is a good idea.

Ask on their facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/sani2c?fref=ts

A lack of response from one side doesn't make the other side right by default.

We should not let the need for our curiosity to be satisfied to lead us to make silly judgements.

We should not let the need for our curiosity to be satisfied to lead us to make silly judgements.

Is that according to the dutch law system ?

Is that according to the dutch law system ?

Actually, the rule of audi alterem partem is one of the laws of natural justice as found in all civilsed legal systems.

Simplistically, it requires both sides to be heard before a judgement is made.

So, until a person has spoken in his defence, no decision on his guilt can be made. And no, choosing not to engage in public debate is not an acknowledgement of guilt nor does it absolve those who wish to judge from the obligation to wait.

Ps, just because someone has nade an allegation does not imply that they are right.

Hi Guys.

I haven't seen one of the 2 ladies on here telling there side story either... All we have is a "sensational" newspaper report stating one side of the story.

I know FG quite well. and has stayed with them in there house for a week a couple years back. I can tell you one thing. I do not think that he would just ban someone for just laying a complaint....

The fact that he does not respond on a public forum does not make him guilty.
Its his choice to do as he pleases. I'm sure it will come out what the real story is in the near future and that a full and comprehensive statement will be given...

There is way more to this story than we think.

We must just remember that the Hub is not the be all and end all of cycling in SA...

Just my 2c...

That may be so.

However, just looking at the way smilar rants on The Hub went; in almost all cases, lack of clarification and the absence of responses from the accused party turned out to be dodging real misconduct issued on the part of the accused. In the single cases where unfair complaints were raised (think Fritz Pienaar, Trialseekers), these were swiftly and rationally dealt with by the parties involved. Just my 2c.

That may be so.

However, just looking at the way smilar rants on The Hub went; in almost all cases, lack of clarification and the absence of responses from the accused party turned out to be dodging real misconduct issued on the part of the accused. In the single cases where unfair complaints were raised (think Fritz Pienaar, Trialseekers), these were swiftly and rationally dealt with by the parties involved. Just my 2c.

That maybe be so.

But for your theory to be considered we need the accusers to have ranted their story here on the Hub, which they haven't.

We have not heard from the banner nor the bannees, so we can speculate as to who is right and who is wrong all we want.

All we can do is draw the most likely conclusions based on what we know about the events and the people involved.

Edit:

So what is more likely.

Farmer Glen banning someone for simply raising a legitimate safety concern. Putting his sterling reputation on the line for something so real, especially since he has a young daughter who MTBs, well!

Or

Farmer Glen banning someone for throwing their toys after not getting their way, after not being satisfied with how Farmer Glen proposed they will deal with it. Threatened to go to the papers, which is exactly what it seems they did. Thereby unfairly putting his reputation on the line.

I tend to lean towards the latter.

There could be more scenarios, but most will probably boil down to one of those.

That maybe be so.

But for your theory to be considered we need the accusers to have ranted their story here on the Hub, which they haven't.

We have not heard from the banner nor the bannees, so we can speculate as to who is right and who is wrong all we want.

All we can do is draw the most likely conclusions based on what we know about the events and the people involved.

hence my statement earlier...

Hi Guys.

I haven't seen one of the 2 ladies on here telling there side story either... All we have is a "sensational" newspaper report stating one side of the story.

I know FG quite well. and has stayed with them in there house for a week a couple years back. I can tell you one thing. I do not think that he would just ban someone for just laying a complaint....

The fact that he does not respond on a public forum does not make him guilty.

Its his choice to do as he pleases. I'm sure it will come out what the real story is in the near future and that a full and comprehensive statement will be given...

There is way more to this story than we think.

We must just remember that the Hub is not the be all and end all of cycling in SA...

Just my 2c...

What happens on the hub does not always stay on the hub...

Allegations have been made which put FG in a questionable situation

Two words: Damage control

Archived