Louis Harmse/Spectrum Sport Sore losers!!!

.Heinz

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

last year a spectator tried to help rachel atherton by helping her unravel her punctured tyre...she didnt ask for the help but before she could tell him no..he had done it and she was dq'd...but outside assistance is outside assistance no matter which way you look at it

I would ask for all the assistance I can get if I get a flat

I think the Op has handled this quite well, obviously the race organisers made a bit of a box up which they now grudgingly acknowledge. Pity they aren't clever enough to offer a sincere apology, get the prize or whatever it is in the guys hands and move on, finished and klaar, all move happily forward.

Edited by Skylark

I would ask for all the assistance I can get if I get a flat

And you shall be disqualified or penalised...

Maybe it doesn't matter to you...

But you're probably 26 and entering the half distances, and not racing to podium...

Edited by Baaisikilist

We don't know what he wants to become one day but maybe he just

wanted to be treated fairly in Sunday's race! That's all.

Sponsors also want to be associated with brands with integrity, backbone and who play by the rules.

I think I get it, but let's unpack where we are, to your first point the official results show him 3rd overall and third junior (Harmse Junior is 4th listed as first senior). Heinz has been offered the hamper as a prize  so the only injustice that remains is his day on the podium. I do agree that not recognising third place is odd, but how do you resolve this. If my observation is correct this would have been Heinz's first podium so he is entitled to feel let down. Even if they somehow could redo the prize giving he would still be denied the pleasure of being recognised by his peers. I am not sure if an apology will come even close to the healing the hurt of being let down in his moment of glory so I think he is chasing a fairy in the forest here.

To your second point and I can speak from experience here as I have had the pleasure of sponsoring athletes in the past. What would I want from my athlete? I would not want to see my athlete confronting race organisers on a trivial matter, but I would want his third place to be acknowledged in any press release. I would be seriously impressed if my16 year old athlete took his disappointment on the chin and said "Stuff them I'll show them at the next race". Perhaps this is the backbone you are referring to.

My only question after reading this thread is...can anybody actually read?

Most of the posts are "skim read then full speed ahead armed with ignorance and pitchfork"

Post the lightie his fruit basket and be done with this already (complete with the note that one poster wrote).

After 14 pages, can we summarise maybe:

A) Louis Harmse Jnr is probably not a 'sore loser'

B) the Organisers probably cocked up, but are willing to make good by hampering Heinz, ironically,

C) Heinz probably overreacted a teeny bit and next time will resolve it on the day with an independent CSA adjudicator.

Kumbaya, happy daze, smiles on dials.

Or??

The proverbially named Face Plant speaks very authoratively about this situation, even intricacies I would assume only Mr Harmse or one of the race organisers would know, he also saw fit to publicly name the Op on this thread.

Is Face Plant Louis Harmse snr or jnr and if not who is he because he seems to be acting as their spokesman?

If a youth rider is not important who will represent SA in the future?

I agree say your say and dont keep quiet people get away with this all the time well done on standing up for what you believe in.

The proverbially named Face Plant speaks very authoratively about this situation, even intricacies I would assume only Mr Harmse or one of the race organisers would know, he also saw fit to publicly name the Op on this thread.

Is Face Plant Louis Harmse snr or jnr and if not who is he because he seems to be acting as their spokesman?

Neither he is from SS timing and who is responsible for the results. So I guess he might have some knowledge of what happened on the day.

cant believe no one has told @Heinz he needs to Ketchup to positions 1 and 2 and be the winner in the future....

We all know Heinz Ketchup kicks ass, much better than All Gold!

I think I get it, but let's unpack where we are, to your first point the official results show him 3rd overall and third junior (Harmse Junior is 4th listed as first senior). Heinz has been offered the hamper as a prize  so the only injustice that remains is his day on the podium. I do agree that not recognising third place is odd, but how do you resolve this. If my observation is correct this would have been Heinz's first podium so he is entitled to feel let down. Even if they somehow could redo the prize giving he would still be denied the pleasure of being recognised by his peers. I am not sure if an apology will come even close to the healing the hurt of being let down in his moment of glory so I think he is chasing a fairy in the forest here. To your second point and I can speak from experience here as I have had the pleasure of sponsoring athletes in the past. What would I want from my athlete? I would not want to see my athlete confronting race organisers on a trivial matter, but I would want his third place to be acknowledged in any press release. I would be seriously impressed if my16 year old athlete took his disappointment on the chin and said "Stuff them I'll show them at the next race". Perhaps this is the backbone you are referring to.

It is not my first podium as my primary sport is triathlon and I podium there regularly, and on smaller cycling races but yeah I went to do that race because it is bigger race than I'm use to in the Free State and I would like to be "seen" at the bigger races.

It is not my first podium as my primary sport is triathlon and I podium there regularly, and on smaller cycling races but yeah I went to do that race because it is bigger race than I'm use to in the Free State and I would like to be "seen" at the bigger races.

So take the hamper and move on, you have nothing further to gain from this.

By going on and on, you are undoing any good you did being "seen" on the weekend.

Quit while ahead.

Is it still the case that if you protest to the commissaries & your case is won, you get a refund? at least this is how it use to work back in our Bmx days at the SA CHAMPS.