ScottCM

Just bloody great. Went to Doc and blood test were taken. Told me I got Influenza. Where the hell did I pick that up. So another week of no Running.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bloody great. Went to Doc and blood test were taken. Told me I got Influenza. Where the hell did I pick that up. So another week of no Running.

On a mountain.........

I believe that there is a collection at the CT Marathon Expo for old finishers medal that people no longer want, for the childrens hospital for kids that have come through chemo treatment etc..what a wonderful idea!

At some other local races during the year, they made my wife's day when they had collection points for old running shoes. I had to defend like crazy, but some old trusties fell victim for the greater cause.

Heading to the airport shortly, weather looking good for CT marathon this weekend... and on a plus side have had no aches or pains with my ITB :)

Great news, have a good one and let us know how you go.

Can't believe the numbers already. I'm in

And 34% of entries so far are novices. As Jackes mentioned????

I wont be the only one at the start looking like this ????

Edited by Mudsimus

Anybody else run the Brooklyn half this morning? That turned out to be a lot tougher than I anticipated. Lots of pleasant flats but also a long grinding uphill that sapped the legs in the last few km of each lap. Was pretty warm out there this morning as well. Didn't quite get the time I was aiming for but I'll chalk up some half marathon experience.

Well that was a bit of a sufferfest. Not done any running due to a 5 week ITB in the lead up to CPT marathon. First 15km went well, no real pain, then started feeling ITB with a numbness, 28km , leg felt dead and was actually able to pick up pace and run freely! Around 36kms ITB started to complain a lot and could feel the lack of training and fitness in my legs... The last 5kms was a slog and felt like more of a shuffle than a run... Finished in 4:10hrs. Generally happy considering the lack of any long distance runs in the lead up to the race.

After some much needed physio in the tent at the finish, my ITB is feeling rather better than I thought it would :)

Does anybody have any tricks to stop your HR starp chaffing you or do you have to upgrade?

Might be too loose? Should be snug but comfortable.