ScottCM

So who's doing Jakaranda this weekend?

Nope, not us. It was originally my plan to do a fast-ish 21 at Jakaranda, but the children are a bit gatvol at sleeping over at ouma and oupa the whole time... So instead the plan is to do a 20km+ run Saturday morning on our own, with kids only have to be at ouma's place for 2hr.

Speaking of long runs. We did a RAC club run again this past weekend. Really enjoy clubruns so much more than races. No fighting traffic or struggling to find parking. No over-crowding..Such a pity that no club in Pretoria offers the same.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a nice 30km run done, in the beautiful Joburg mist yesterday morning.

Mind you its not going to help me for the (apparently) violent heat of Kaapsehoop. 

Did a 35km on Sunday in the mist as well. Bit eina today but ran it in 3H25mins so pretty happy. Going to start tapering down now until Kaapsehoop. But good point you have there, must do some midday runs to prepare for the heat at Kaapsehoop.

I've never seen or heard of someone with ITB on both sides.... if this true then good news you probably don't have ITB

My ITB issues are both sides, fortunately not at the same time. I have managed to figure out a way to treat the discomfort on the fly. When the camber slopes one way, I try my best to run on the opposite slope as well since we can't always run on the flattest piece of tar all the time. Works for me.

I see our strava club has grown to 38members, that's awesome guys and gals :clap:

I am however interested to find out who Bradley Scholtz is, and hear his Chicago Marathon race report?

PS Congrats on a very impressive PB

Edited by ScottC-M

I see our strava club has grown to 38members, that's awesome guys and gals :clap:

I am however interested to find out who Bradley Scholtz is, and here his race report?

PS Congrats on a very impressive PB

I would like to join, please give details?

Thanks

Gladly , all welcome

https://www.strava.com/clubs/bikehubsa

Pedro Created it last year and i think only he can change the name from "Comrades" to something more inviting to runners of all levels. 

I See Rodney Pedro was last on Strava in April, anyone know him personally? Is he ok?

Have contacted Strava support for assistance to change the name. 

Did my first half marathon on sunday. The KFM gun run. Managed a 1:53. Did the first 10km rustig in 1 hour and the next 11km in 53min. Was hoping ofr 1:45 but took it too rustig in the beginning. But i am super happy. Only been doing short 7/8 km runs after cycling home from work. Most i have ever run was 14km prior (last month). :) 

Is anyone running Glencairn this weekend? (asking in the hope of meeting some fellow hubbers  ^_^ )

Joined. I will be the oke mostly at the bottom of the log. :)

You'll struggle to beat me at the moment... struggling with a core muscle injury that is just not coming to the party - been over a month now. Time for another trip to the physio  :blush: