ScottCM

• Replies 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so dissapointed. Was feeling super good and my splits was on par. But then I started having issues with my blood sugar lvl. Was feeling Sh@t. I had go and ask people for some food justvto get my bloodbsugar up again. But hey, thats Comrades. Lol. Sometimes its your day, and sometimes not.

Dude. I know you wanted that silver. But 8.11 is an incredible time. Well done

I made it. [emoji3]

We got stuck on the highway I had to run 2km to the start and started right at the back. Knew my target time of sub 10 was out the window but still managed to get 10:36

We left Durban at 230. Can't believe the organisers took the highway down to one lane.

But I still had a great time and enjoyed the day.

I am so dissapointed. Was feeling super good and my splits was on par. But then I started having issues with my blood sugar lvl. Was feeling Sh@t. I had go and ask people for some food justvto get my bloodbsugar up again. But hey, thats Comrades. Lol. Sometimes its your day, and sometimes not.

Well done - good day or bad, you’ve finished. Kudos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some brilliant runs guys... well done to all of you! I survived after what I can only describe as a rollercoaster build up. Seriously beast run Stu ???????? Really sorry about your ITB Barry, you deserved so much better. Look forward to all the stories, was a great day out there again. Comrades always delivers

I was there in Hillcrest at the water table and watched everyone coming past...Jess is my hero!! She was looking so strong and running easily along, very focused look on her face.

Well done to everyone, all amazing...it is something I will never attempt.

Congrats everybody - that is super!

Andrew - great to see your training strategy worked! 

Friend of mine was running in Jess' vicinity most of the time. She came in about a min after Jess. Though at the pace she (my friend) set off I thought she was going out way too fast. But they just kept going. Awesome! 

What a day. All I can say is I survived. Yesterday was by far my toughest Comrades. I didn't have plan, I just wanted to finish. I achieved that goal. My back and glute started aching at 16km into the race. I took some pain medication but nothing seemed to help. The thought of stopping went 1000 times through my mind. The thought of a DNF next to my name kept me going.

It still feels unreal that I finished. I was walking the last 3 km when I realized I had enough time to make it.

I guess the lesson learned from this Comrades is that you need to be in tip top shape to run this grueling race. (and yes we as runners ignore this rule too often)

Congratulations to some excellent times guys!! Wow Barry I am so impressed with your wife. Andrew, well done to you and your wife. Ferret, that is some excellent running!! Lexx, that is an amazing time. Your hard work paid off.

Enjoy the well deserved rest. I am going drinking now with my club mates.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well done to all.

I must say, watching on TV , it felt like there was less atmosphere in the stadium as I'm so use to the billboards being slapped (on both sides and for a longer distance as the runners run around the field. How did you guys find the new stadium finish compared to Kingmead, besides the extra km that is?

Well done to all.

I must say, watching on TV , it felt like there was less atmosphere in the stadium as I'm so use to the billboards being slapped (on both sides and for a longer distance as the runners run around the field. How did you guys find the new stadium finish compared to Kingmead, besides the extra km that is?

Absolutely terrible. The clubs couldn't see the runners coming in. After you finished you walk forever to get back into the stadium. Once you are back there are no signs where you are. I prefer the old stadium.

Well done to all.

I must say, watching on TV , it felt like there was less atmosphere in the stadium as I'm so use to the billboards being slapped (on both sides and for a longer distance as the runners run around the field. How did you guys find the new stadium finish compared to Kingmead, besides the extra km that is?

Absolutely terrible. The clubs couldn't see the runners coming in. After you finished you walk forever to get back into the stadium. Once you are back there are no signs where you are. I prefer the old stadium.