ScottCM

Lots of races this weekend it seems. Carpet, tjommie, muds, shaper, Barry, Andrew and Ferret... Who'd I miss?

Ferret crushed an easy 1:25 half... One day maybe [emoji1]

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a nice run at Adrienne Hirsch, tough little route and wanted to just take it easy, ran the first 6km with my wife, but then left her as she wasn't feeling great and had decided she'd just do the 10km. Missioned off after some club mates (which was ill advised on a tough course) but caught them around 13km and then just ran to the finish together. Ran 2:08 which was okay considering the course and my relatively chilled race plan. The route could do with some finessing in my books, they just seem to whack you straight up and down every climb around - no nice long gentle gradients or much flat at all... but enjoyed it anyway and it's certainly good hill training I guess.

Dusting off the Mtb for a little Crater Cruise 40km this weekend and then Rockies to finish the Vitality series the weekend after.

I committed to Karkloof 100 again this year on Friday, so 3 weeks to prep...

Base is good, have run at least one long run a month for last 5 months so am not too worried there.

Did some more leg testing this weekend, all seems good that grind gear is solid, will stick to the usual training now until raceday. Hopefully it will be better than last year, certainly feeling stronger, fitter and in a better place.

yoh, did anyone follow the UTMB, it was rather exciting, big names dropping like flies, the live stream on youtube was epic as well

Ja I was checking in with the tracker. Everyone I was following was looking SUPER bleak.

What a race, I can't wait for all the war stories to come out. 

Thanks Stretch

And to think that I was worried before the start that I will be missing it by a few secondes, I made the sub 60 with a fair amount.

Must say I am very proud on my new 10km PB

Well done Mattie !!

I committed to Karkloof 100 again this year on Friday, so 3 weeks to prep...

Base is good, have run at least one long run a month for last 5 months so am not too worried there.

Did some more leg testing this weekend, all seems good that grind gear is solid, will stick to the usual training now until raceday. Hopefully it will be better than last year, certainly feeling stronger, fitter and in a better place.

What distance range is this monthly long run?

Lots of races this weekend it seems. Carpet, tjommie, muds, shaper, Barry, Andrew and Ferret... Who'd I miss?

Ferret crushed an easy 1:25 half... One day maybe [emoji1]

Haha Thanks, but was far from Easy... that route was a proper b$%th, 390m Elevation

I'm paying for my Bad lifestyle choices since Comrades.. :blush:

7 Weeks to Amsterdam to slim this ship down and steer it in the right direction...

What distance range is this monthly long run?

Depends on the month, most of them are part of races, Wolkberg was a 40, Cyanosis was 45km, Pilgrims was 40( 2 20km's with a cycle between), wartrail (60km skyrun), X-Berg(only ran 40ish before withdrawing) few 25km trail runs and there was a 38 on the spruit because I was bored the one sunday,

Training distance running is the usual 35-50km a week.

how did it go?

Well, this was disappointing due to injury. Another DNF to encourage an early retirement. I had an excellent start, I was going faster than expected but not pushing too hard. The indicator was that the little group I was running in had heavy breathers and I was relaxed at a 4'30" pace. In comparison to last year, my splits were way better, but I was slowing down. My hip flexors were giving me issues and I couldn't swing my legs, and had to resort to a shuffle which wasn't helping much. I then walked a km to the next water station and asked them to alert the sweep vehicle :-(

Covered about 29km, a very sad day at the office for me.

Inside of my right Achilles is feeling it, quads are shot, lower back is in pain too but no ITB issues.

Well, this was disappointing due to injury. Another DNF to encourage an early retirement. I had an excellent start, I was going faster than expected but not pushing too hard. The indicator was that the little group I was running in had heavy breathers and I was relaxed at a 4'30" pace. In comparison to last year, my splits were way better, but I was slowing down. My hip flexors were giving me issues and I couldn't swing my legs, and had to resort to a shuffle which wasn't helping much. I then walked a km to the next water station and asked them to alert the sweep vehicle :-(

Covered about 29km, a very sad day at the office for me.

Inside of my right Achilles is feeling it, quads are shot, lower back is in pain too but no ITB issues.

Sorry to hear about the injury, tjommies, but it sounds like your fitness and speed are at a brilliant place.

Sorry to hear about the injury, tjommies, but it sounds like your fitness and speed are at a brilliant place.

Thanks Barry,

I'm thinking the same but I have to admit that maybe I needed some humbling, which is why it didn't go according to my plan. I was thinking to myself, OMTOM was probably an excellent day in comparison because I can't really make others understand how easily it went Cape Town. Yesterday should have been a walk in the park.

Sorry to hear, tjommies... take it easy and recover well. 

And know you're not alone. Also must've done something weird on my run Saturday. Sat afternoon started feeling stiffness in my one foot, but no worries, just a little tweakish feeling. Sunday morning was rainy and the foot was a bit worse, but towards evening it was quite manageable - walked quite a bit to try and get it working.

Went for a run this morning and about a k in, it started giving notice. And by now it's is bleating like a wounded sheep, with this morning's pills having worn off.

I'll definitely lay off running for a couple of days before the weekend's trailrun.