ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys. My trusty Leukotape has finally run out so i need to get some new strapping tape for my knee.

What's a good brand guys?

Edited by Prince

3 hours ago, Shebeen said:

the heavy hitters are onto it

The timing from the CMA Twitter page is actually quite funny:

11 Jun:

Runners: "Oi! Comrades Marathon Association! Something seemed REALLY odd with that last minute of the cutoff. Any idea what happened"

CMA: ....

Some days later:

Running Mann: "Here are some stats and some basic questions. Care to discuss?"

CMA: "Buzz off... no story here..."

More days later:

Running Mann: "Here are some even more stats and some questions. Care to discuss?"

CMA: "Buzz off... no story here..."

16 days after Comrades marathon

"Ring Ring, Ring Ring"

CMA: "Hello"

Derek Watts*: "Hi there, care to have some coffee with us while we discuss the 2023 Comrades?"

CMA: GULP..."Sure"

CMA: "GUYS, we need to get a Social media post out and get ahead of this story!"

*Apologies for using Derek Watts in the example, I know he has taken time off to focus on his health, but he is the most recent presenter that everyone will recognise.

2 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Tune in on Sunday folks

Screenshot_2023-06-28-16-46-40-845_com.facebook.katana-edit.jpg

Little guy on his soapbox to the big stage. Awesome!

Edited by Shebeen

23 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Little guy on his soapbox to the big stage. Awesome!

Previous project I worked on got covered on Carte Blanche, for the right reasons. It was dauting to have them there and for our team leader to tell our story.

I can only imagine the pressure when it is a not-so-good story and the questions start flowing...

Going to be fun to watch methinks.

14 hours ago, Hacc said:

I will put money on it that Rowyn won't be available for comment. 

I really hope they read out his email responses on National TV for all to see 

Those responses are simply ridiculous !

It was clear for the world to see they f'd up, no runners in the last few minutes, this is definitely the first and only comrades that this was the case.

I'm getting the feeling Rowyn did the math on the cutoff times himself and he tried to double down and defend them. Peer review on his calcs would have saved him some blushes, ag shem.

The Carte Blanche insert on the Comrades was a bit 'meh'. The posts from The Running Mann had way more substance and data.

As for the preceding story, that Chane and Tyrone Venter seem like a real piece of work, yikes!

After suffering through 30mins of ads - so glad we don't watch dstv anymore - I had to wait for the presenters to sign off to make sure I hadn't missed the actual story... the coverage felt like an afterthought to pacify the running community. Where was the prompting and questioning we came to expect from Cart Blanche? The 'water under the bridge' comment was taken as a legit explanation, and the full extend of the blunders made still left as swept under the carpet. Lat night's coverage was just as anti climatic as the last minutes of the comrades itself

2 hours ago, Vallende Vaandel said:

After suffering through 30mins of ads - so glad we don't watch dstv anymore - I had to wait for the presenters to sign off to make sure I hadn't missed the actual story... the coverage felt like an afterthought to pacify the running community. Where was the prompting and questioning we came to expect from Cart Blanche? The 'water under the bridge' comment was taken as a legit explanation, and the full extend of the blunders made still left as swept under the carpet. Lat night's coverage was just as anti climatic as the last minutes of the comrades itself

I agree. Complete disappointment for all the hype it drew.