ScottCM

I ran a half last Saturday by myself 'for fun' (it was raining and windy so didn't want to ride)...I got just over 2 hours running (theyre was a bit of extra tune for liking for taps for water), so i think with a bit training I won't hit the wall at 18km :)

Unfortunately I have a tyke in mind already

Be bold and post up the time goal then.... :devil:  :whistling:

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now in week3 of Couch to 5K.... Just like to put it out there...

After every run I drink some coffee... It's a pretty big accomplishment...

Keep at it and stick with the dedication.   Next year this time, you will not believe yourself if you try and remind you how much you suffered now!

new member to the running thread?...welcome...comrades report back is compulsory 

Haha thanks for the welcome! I'm ashamed to admit I've been following this thread since last Comrades and finally decided to get involved

But I managed to lock in my back to back this year 10:45, 1h15 improvement from last year and confirmed that I much prefer the down run!

Haha thanks for the welcome! I'm ashamed to admit I've been following this thread since last Comrades and finally decided to get involved

But I managed to lock in my back to back this year 10:45, 1h15 improvement from last year and confirmed that I much prefer the down run!

Congrats and welcome. Sis on you for hiding in the shadows. Your experience from your first Comrades not to speak of the qualifiers etc could have helped some novices out, just kidding, well sorta :devil:  

Today I asked my coach to up my running volume. What is happening to me!? I used to swear I am not a runner (ok, maybe a jogger, but you get the point). 

The problem is the thread title is inaccurate... we're runners with a cycling problem it seems  :D

Congrats and welcome. Sis on you for hiding in the shadows. Your experience from your first Comrades not to speak of the qualifiers etc could have helped some novices out, just kidding, well sorta [emoji317]

Couldn't agree more. You never know whom you are helping with your posts and replies.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Today I asked my coach to up my running volume. What is happening to me!? I used to swear I am not a runner (ok, maybe a jogger, but you get the point).

Hi, my name is MJ and I am addicted to running... [emoji4]

Dont go saying that to loud on any other thread, you might just get nuked :whistling:

Hahaha, I am sure I will. What I meant was that after a long ride (100km+) I can still walk normal and go to a family braai. After a marathon I just want to stay in bed and sleep.

I See Soweto Marathon is Sold out 

Which Hubbers will be at the starting line?

Edited by ScottC-M

I'm entered for the Marathon... there is a chance I might do Kaapsehoop instead though. 

And my entry should it become available is already booked before anyone asks... seems this race has really gotten popular

Only have done it once, will never do it again. (did it back in 2014...I think it was before Old Mutual took it over.)

Only have done it once, will never do it again. (did it back in 2014...I think it was before Old Mutual took it over.)

It used to be a complete dogshow... they've got it right now though, would highly recommend it

Am in for CPT and the Soweto Marathon :)

My next few weeks up to CPT marathon... apart from training runs

9 July - Northgate 10km

6 Aug - Old Eds 21km

13 Aug - Pirates 10km

27 Aug - Wanderer's 21km

3 Sept - Germiston Callies 21km

10 Sept - Adrienne Hersch 21km

17 Sept - CPT Marathon

:)

What a journey. It was my first ever marathon, ran it in November last year. I smacked the wall at about 34km and vividly remember thinking "£$%^ this distance. Half marathon is more suited to me. And I'm NEVER running Comrades!"