ScottCM

I use a race belt.. 100 zar at sportsmans, allows you to have a visible number even when you layer up or layer down, has some loops for your gu's and is super comfy. 

It is also compulsary for things like IM and a lot of Ultra trails so worth having.

I really don't know how I ever lived without one

use a bit of clothing elastic (from a haberdashery) costs about R1

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a race belt.. 100 zar at sportsmans, allows you to have a visible number even when you layer up or layer down, has some loops for your gu's and is super comfy.

It is also compulsary for things like IM and a lot of Ultra trails so worth having.

I really don't know how I ever lived without one

In the ole days..... when we still wore speedos for all 3 legs of a triathlon.... we used 1 inch waistband elastic and 2 safety pins....

Did my first Gun Run this weekend. Was actually not in the mood for (and as such did no prepping) it, but it turned out to be quite a lekker event. Much more vibe, humour and chat between the runners than I experienced at this year's CTM.

So the Itb is officially back...  :angry:    Since my cortisone injection in July I did my exercises, took it easy and  had 6 x 20+ runs in total.   3 weeks back I felt something but it seemed to me that perhaps my Brooks causes this and not the Saucony's.  Then last weekend we had a mountain race in Lady Grey, serious climbing to start off with and then hard decent.   I picked it up on the decents.

Then I rested last week and did a 21 yesterday.   The funny part is I have this stiffness in the outside of my calf, the muscle there that goes right up into the back of the knee.  That is stiff and sore, but then the last 3 kms was definately the itb again.  The rest of yesterday afternoon it was damm sore.

So I guess the workload just got too much and I was rather chuffed at how it went the last 2.5 months. :(

Nice timing these crappy injuries, with a 32 coming up this weekend and our qualifying marathon in a month.

"The funny part is I have this stiffness in the outside of my calf, the muscle there that goes right up into the back of the knee.  That is stiff and sore."

This is exactly what I have. It is really frustrating and I cannot find out what is causing it. If you ever work out what it is, please let me know.

I got a nice 30km run done, in the beautiful Joburg mist yesterday morning.

Mind you its not going to help me for the (apparently) violent heat of Kaapsehoop. 

"The funny part is I have this stiffness in the outside of my calf, the muscle there that goes right up into the back of the knee.  That is stiff and sore."

This is exactly what I have. It is really frustrating and I cannot find out what is causing it. If you ever work out what it is, please let me know.

Where the butt muscles is normally also sore if the itb shows up, was not the case the last while.   This is the sore muscles and where it starts, before I feel the itb as well..  <_<    

The area of No1 in this pic.  About from 60/70% up from the bottom, right past behind the little bone on the side under the knee (not itb bone) into the back of the knee.

post-2734-0-40553300-1507535569_thumb.jpg

Where the butt muscles is normally also sore if the itb shows up, was not the case the last while.   This is the sore muscles and where it starts, before I feel the itb as well..  <_<    

The area of No1 in this pic.  About from 60/70% up from the bottom, right past behind the little bone on the side under the knee (not itb bone) into the back of the knee.

I have been suffering with the same for the last 2 months with my ITB in area 1.  Some days is fine others I suffer, some days can run without pain, others struggle to do 1km.

It is actually where the ITB attaches, am now back having regular physio and doing hip and glute stretching excercises

Exactly my problem as well. Funny thing is that it swaps legs every now and then.

Exactly my problem as well. Funny thing is that it swaps legs every now and then.

Software bug?? I had a VW Polo that every now and again would swop the buttons for the electric windows around (i.e. the right button would open left window). I figured out if I lock and unlock the car via the remote it 'resets' the car's computer and it is fine again....

But on a more serious note, I think it is maybe due to you compensating or protecting the injured leg, causing problems to show up on the opposite leg?

But on a more serious note, I think it is maybe due to you compensating or protecting the injured leg, causing problems to show up on the opposite leg?

Quite possible, Ive found that compensating for a niggle leads to sore muscles or worse somewhere else.

I've never seen or heard of someone with ITB on both sides.... if this true then good news you probably don't have ITB