ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome race, I still have a bit of a revenge date with it... but refused to pay this year's increased prices. Can't even remember exact pricing, but it's getting crazy expensive.

R1190 for the 35km

R2300 for the 65km

R3300 for the 100km, thats rough

Not sure why (or perhaps it does) the other two links don't show.  Especially the 2016 Race one.

R1190 for the 35km

R2300 for the 65km

R3300 for the 100km, thats rough

Indeed, but this craziness is nothing new...

Skyrun is R3,900.

Otter is R4,600.  Hell it costs R150 just to get onto the waiting list...

the equivalent 100km race in the Alps- Zugspitz is R1600.

Hardrock 100 miler is R4000 and 8 hours service at an ultra trail event( I like the service requirements)

Western States 100 miler is R5500.

So prices are not ridiculous, but really for me it is about R3000 difference between racing UTCT and Zugspitz, and for that little difference it makes you think twice.

having one of those ADHD moments-

I am tired and need a break from racing..... 5 mins later.... ooh look UTCT :w00t:

I Know the feeling .....

post-46817-0-26878400-1507722764.jpg

So prices are not ridiculous, but really for me it is about R3000 difference between racing UTCT and Zugspitz, and for that little difference it makes you think twice.

It looks amazing, now you have planted a seed, damn you  :devil:

https://youtu.be/LQjQOZg6h9Y

Edited by ScottC-M

Unless I'm missing something, you say plane tickets, accommodation etc is R3,000 more to Germany than to Cape Town?

Hardrock 100 miler is R4000 and 8 hours service at an ultra trail event( I like the service requirements)

Western States 100 miler is R5500.

Can't remember exacly, but Wolkberg last year was something like R500 if you stay off-campus and R900 fully catered. For me it is currently the best value for money trail run by far. Even if you stay off campus (like we did), it still works out fairly cheap.

Unless I'm missing something, you say plane tickets, accommodation etc is R3,000 more to Germany than to Cape Town?

Ya it is a best case favour for Zugspitz to be honest and my maths was not 100%

But accom I have available for both for free which changes things a little.

Flights cape I took at previous cost of work flight there last year which looking back was exorbitant at 2500

Flights munich were 8300 initial google

entry Cape 3300

entry Zugspits 1600

Cape total 5800

Zugspitz Total 9900

So my maths was being optimistic but ya 4100 diff is still not much considering the experiences involved. Still an easy choice to make( for me that is)...

Hey Guys and Gals

I contacted the Admin in regards to TrailHub and posting other running related threads to make it more all round running inclusive and i'm delighted to be able to share their response,

"Hi Scott

Thanks for getting in contact and showing interest in Trail Hub.

Please feel free to start discussions on any topic relating to running. We're not strict about keeping the discussion to trail running only. In fact, we'd like to make the website more inclusive of all types of running going forward."

So instead of aggregating all our various topics on only this thread, lets try and generate more traffic to the sister site too.

http://www.trailhub.co.za/?utm_source=bikehub.co.za&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=bikehub

I quite like this thread myself Scott.... It's nice to get a general feel what everyone's interests are too.. Interested to hear others opinions

Plus whan (1)

One hub is enough imo