ScottCM

Oky, that makes sense. Sounds like fascial 'tightness'

What has worked for me, and thy I still (try) and do regularly:

Foot massage, or 'rolling' for a kind of fascial release - similar to rolling on a foam roller for ITB etc.

Strengthening up the foot muscles.

Lifting toes upwards when doing calf stretches.

Loads of balance/proprioception exercises - standing on 1foot/on toes when brushing teeth with eyes closed is an easy one

Thanks!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is about time that the Two Oceans organizers offer steak and chips along the route, what should we do with potatoes and bananas only? :wacko:

https://aerialspartan.com/two-oceans-marathon/

"The only thing I did not like was the lack of food.

I was carrying my hydration pack anyway, as I wanted to bring my own food supply. Potatoes and bananas are just not enough for 56km."

I don't understand this hype around water points - in MTB and lately in running as well...

Why?

PS: almost thought it was the same lady that went on about the 2kg of plastic waste that each runner at OMTOM apparently discards

Just to be clear, is this the status that our entries should be in?  Mine says Entry information missing and will not be confirmed untill I have submitted the missing information.   Is this the same as last year where the qualification and now the club confirmation just needs to be done before 28/02/2017, but it is still successfully entered apart from that?

post-2734-0-23108300-1509633415_thumb.jpg

Just to be clear, is this the status that our entries should be in?  Mine says Entry information missing and will not be confirmed untill I have submitted the missing information.   Is this the same as last year where the qualification and now the club confirmation just needs to be done before 28/02/2017, but it is still successfully entered apart from that?

Mines the same... need your club to confirm your entry I think, but apart from that it's just a matter of qualifying

Mine also looks the same. I emailed them today as some of my club mates' entries says completed and they also have club info and qualifying information missing. I will let you know if I get a response.

I must say the whole payment side is cumbersome. I helped 4 (educated) mates to enter. Not very user-friendly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks Hacc.

Starting to get nervous for the race. Pre-Race Jitters. :ph34r:  :whistling:

Tell me about it... my calf is still singing to me a bit every now and then, felt it going up the stairs this morning. Really hoping it's my mind playing games, else it's going to be a very long 42kms tomorrow. Good luck to everyone, hope you smash those goals

Tell me about it... my calf is still singing to me a bit every now and then, felt it going up the stairs this morning. Really hoping it's my mind playing games, else it's going to be a very long 42kms tomorrow. Good luck to everyone, hope you smash those goals

Ignore it... My calf has been singing to me the past 2 years, since injuring my back. If you ignore it long enough you get used to it (or the calf goes numb, which is even better).