ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the help and tips guys! Super chuffed with myself! All went well until the 30k mark. We had to do laps of a 8k circuit after the first 21, that was mind numbing but I think the boring hours on the treadmill helped with that. That was also when the cramps started. But all and all a good day with an intact naught and braaipack ???? Thanks Stretch! The back of my shorts looked like I stuffed an Olibol in there tho but it provided some entertainment for my wife and our friends... I think my elevation gain over the whole race was 2m, flippen crazy. Already looking forward to the next one!!

50D202F7-D839-4704-A12D-7B297463D8A5.jpeg

Well done ???? ????

So “only” 7 minutes to a sub 4 for your next

Man that route is always stunning, dunno why you would want to run comrades when you can run with views like that instead of 1000's of people on a slab of tar...

The problem is us mortals can enjoy the slab views of comrades.  We would miss a lot of these views during the dark! ^_^

Man that route is always stunning, dunno why you would want to run comrades when you can run with views like that instead of 1000's of people on a slab of tar...

Looks awesome... and not sure who say's you can't do both? And the underlined bit is why so many people love Comrades and other mass participation events... sharing a tough challenge with ordinary people is always great and humbling. 

My top 3 for 2018:

1) Camille Herron

2) Anne Ashworth

3) Gerda Steyn

Gerda Steyns time PB of 2h37 at Velencia marathon over the weekend is 15 minutes better than her previous PB.

Edited by b-rad

Gerda Steyn had a great Valencia marathon over the weekend finishing 12th with a new PB of 2h37...15 minutes better than her previous PB.

I did a few Club Runs with Gerda after her 2015 7h15 breakthrough.. she didn't have a sub3 marathon at that time....the leaps and bounds she has made since then are unbelievable..

Personally I don't think Ann is fast enough to cope with this new crop.. She has a 2h48 Downhill marathon PB ( I stand to be corrected)..

On their Day Camille/ Caroline and Gerda should be way too fast..   they all now have 2h37 marathon Pbs ...

And I personally know the LEAP from a 2h47 marathon to a Sub2h40 is MASSIVE..

I rate Ann for a Gold but it would take some serious blow ups for her to podium IMHO.

The New Massmart team however did take the top 3 spots at Kaapsehoop Marathon (all 2h52-2h55) so they are already an improving team.

Gerda Steyns time PB of 2h37 at Velencia marathon over the weekend is 15 minutes better than her previous PB.

More Impressive than the 2h37 was her splits.. 1h20.58 through half and a 76h08 last half... BLITZ

She ran the last 7 at pretty much 3.30s

That shows she can go much quicker...

Thanks man! Already looking at this https://petra-desert-marathon.com

Also allow a day or two to explore Petra. Its an amazing place.

I can also recommend the Dead sea ultra marathon. You run from Amman down to the Dead Sea. 50km and you end 423m bellow sea level. Although I think it's usually around this time of the year so maybe enter for next year.

The hotels at the end are really good..

I did all my training for my first comrades in Jordan. I once did a solo 64km run from the Southern tip of the dead all the way to the Northern tip.

Also allow a day or two to explore Petra. Its an amazing place.

I can also recommend the Dead sea ultra marathon. You run from Amman down to the Dead Sea. 50km and you end 423m bellow sea level. Although I think it's usually around this time of the year so maybe enter for next year.

The hotels at the end are really good..

I did all my training for my first comrades in Jordan. I once did a solo 64km run from the Southern tip of the dead all the way to the Northern tip.

Awesome! Yea we stayed at the dead sea a month or so ago. Was really cool. Ran once, I over indulged on the Carakal a bit. Blerrie nice beer. We are planing a trip to see Petra so I hope we are free to do it around the time of the race. Otherwise we will have to do two trips.