ScottCM

Stop training for a week, or a month even.. Enjoy the good life like the rest of the world, you deserve it!

In fact.. stop for 6 months!

And why not sell your comrades entry? you don't need that pain in your life/ do you?

Or do you?  :devil:

How about you set your alarm 15 mins earlier for tomorrow morning and give a late-sleeping world the finger as you go skipping down the streets with a silly grin on your face.

Thanks for the motivation (reality check)!

I don't know if I can handle not running for 1 week, nevertheless for 6 months.

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sum One: You need to train at least twice the desired race distance within a peek weekly cycle. (ie if you want to run a 42km race, your weekly training load should peak at 85km.

Comments welcome

Im screwed.

Im screwed.

the good news is that the "double the distance" rule is applicable up to 50 milers such as the comrades.  After that the "do not push past 100 miles (160km) a week unless you want to get injured" rule trumps.....

For those that missed by first attempt at the maths of running here is an update:

I going to print and laminate this bad boy..

the good news is that the "double the distance" rule is applicable up to 50 milers such as the comrades. After that the "do not push past 100 miles (160km) a week unless you want to get injured" rule trumps.....

Doing my first Marathon in 10 days. My training peaked at 70km/week. Im sure I can walk the last 7ks????

Doing my first Marathon in 10 days. My training peaked at 70km/week. Im sure I can walk the last 7ks

Enjoy your taper, remember to rest and replenish your muscles (biltong) and get hydrated (not beer).

The rule of thumb is just that.  There is always a rule that can be used to steady the nerves like:  "do as much as you can with as little training as possible." or Fordyce's "It is better to be slightly undertrained than over trained".

Remember to replenish (ie eat on the first 21kms) and all will be good. Also remember start slow and build up.  Norrie also suggests working in a few walks at the watering points to help refocus the mind.  It is better to plan your walks than have them forced on you in the last 7km

Good luck and "strongs"

According to the Paddaman sum rules... I am falling clearling in the undertraining category.

Sorry, 42

I have a contact.... I will try and get you an entry. 

Can you please PM me the following info:

Name

Surname

Cell Number

License Number and Province (AGN or CGA)

Championchip Nr

ID Number

Postal Address

Medical Aid Info - Medical Aid and Number

Nr of JC completed

Shirt size (not sure if you will get one)

Emergency contact name and cell number

Edited by Hacc

According to the Paddaman sum rules... I am falling clearling in the undertraining category.

Can I join the club?

What does a frog ???? know

????

I have a contact.... I will try and get you an entry. 

Name

Surname

Cell Number

License Number

Championchip Nr

ID Number

Postal Address

Medical Aid Info

Nr of JC completed

you missed his visa card number with pin and email password.........

You will not struggle with the Nav or the Terrain/Distance on the 65. Will catch up with at one of the club runs.

I have the sense of direction of a jelly fish with an ear infection. It had better be a long training run, I'm going to need a lot of advice.

I have a contact.... I will try and get you an entry.

Name

Surname

Cell Number

License Number and Province (AGN or CGA)

Championchip Nr

ID Number

Postal Address

Medical Aid Info - Medical Aid and Number

Nr of JC completed

Thanks so much, Hacc! I'll DM you once I'm at my computer.

Talking of ASA licenses.  I am getting a bit miffed by the delays in issuing the 2018 licences.  As I was not licensed last year,  I have to pay a temporary licence for each race until ASA sorts out their mess........

you missed his visa card number with pin and email password.........

Questions they should add to a marathon entry:

• How do you truly feel about marathon double lappers?
  • At which kilometer do you hit the wall?
  • What calculation do you suffer most with, in the last 10kms of a marathon? avg pace? predicted finish time? counting the number of poles before you walk?
  • Do you always tell yourself "I will never do this to myself again" after a marathon?