ScottCM

I tested my Ambit3 up to 10hours, over a few days. So in a single run it should go 12hours plus easy on the fastest gps setting.

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tested my Ambit3 up to 10hours, over a few days. So in a single run it should go 12hours plus easy on the fastest gps setting.

I had the Ambit Peak and still had half my battery life after Comrades... so if you can get the Peak version, battery life challenges go completely out the window.

Dischem was a good wake up call... always is  :ph34r: 

Definitely too many pies over the festive season, but it is what it is and I got through pretty comfortably much to my surprise. Look forward to hitting some races a little lighter... officially, back on the wagon I am (said in a cheesy Yoda voice)

Good checking you out on the road Mr Winter

Well done Iron on your PB, 1:47 in just your third half marathon! I guess that's the advantage of being an athlete  :thumbup: 

Hope everyone had a good weekend, definitely time to get serious 

Had a nice chilled training run at the Dischem yesterday.  2 weeks out from EL70.3 was a relaxed Z2 run.  Ran with a mate who is 10 weeks post hernia op and is slowly getting his fitness back, so waited at the top of most of the hills for him.... we still managed to sneak in sub 2 (1:56)... so a good day, although he suffered the last 3kms.

Always a well organised and fun run and great way to start the year and assess the fitness :)

Hey everyone! Hope you all can give me a bit of advice.

The running bug bit me only a few months ago (Started with a Parkrun). Since then I have been able to get my 5km time to 32m, 10km time to 1:10ish and on Friday I ran my first 15km (and farthest) in 1:50.

My question to everyone is how does one improve their pace/speed? Is it a case of the more you run, speed comes naturally or does one have to do specific speed training?

My goals are to run a 5km in under 30m and a 10km in under 1hr.

Ontop of that I would like to run a half marathon soon.

The running bug bit me only a few months ago (Started with a Parkrun). Since then I have been able to get my 5km time to 32m, 10km time to 1:10ish and on Friday I ran my first 15km (and farthest) in 1:50.

My question to everyone is how does one improve their pace/speed? Is it a case of the more you run, speed comes naturally or does one have to do specific speed training?

I'm not a runner - but from mates that are, it's all about intervals  :-)  I'm sure the runners will give you some more advice.  

My wife and I did the RAC club run yesterday - a slowish 24km. Actually went quite well considering all the injury troubles I've had the past 6 weeks. Was the first time since the Tough One that we went past 20km. Ended the week on a solid 60km. So slowly getting back into the swing of things.

My leg is still not 100%. I'm still running with a "calf guard" (or kuit bra as one my friends call it) - trying to protect the injured leg as much as possible at the moment. But it seems to be working. 

With patience. Trust me, dont do anything funny now, just keep running within your limits and everything will fall in place. If you push your pace now you will get injured. After just a few months your body is not ready yet.

Get your distance base up first… but slowly. No more than 10% increase per week. There's an old running adage that to run fast, you first need to run far. Let your muscles, tendons and joints slowly build up the strength they need from long, slow distance runs before you put them through the rigours of intervals and speed work. Good running comes from consistency, and consistency comes from not getting injured.

I have some serious underpronation going on, and my last pair of running shoes did not work out at all. Anyone have some advice and experience regarding which specific shoes to get in order to counter this? Is inner soles necessary?