ScottCM

Eish guys it seemed almost yesterday that I could go run at 5am and the sun was up. This morning I got home at 5:45 and it was still basically dark...  Winter is coming  :thumbdown:

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eish guys it seemed almost yesterday that I could go run at 5am and the sun was up. This morning I got home at 5:45 and it was still basically dark... Winter is coming :thumbdown:

Great can’t wait [emoji4]. Nothing better than seeing the sun come up on a run and not being out of bed at 04:00 to see it.

Ive been told that the 230 (heart rate strap unfortunately) last a fair bit longer than the 235.  

I have also entered for the Jeppe 42km but will only do the 21km no reason why I should suffer for 42km. Training has been almost non existing this year.

See you at the Pirates 21km? The last 10-11 km are really fast ;) 

Just the last 5km...

The 5km before that is some of the toughest running around  :devil:

Just the last 5km...

The 5km before that is some of the toughest running around  :devil:

The 'downhill' is longer than 5km! ;)

post-14863-0-05882600-1548758860_thumb.jpg

edit: maybe the last 10-11 is a bit of a stretch ... :devil:

Edited by 'Kaze Pete

Nope, no Pirates 21km for me.

EL 70.3 just done

Bobbies 21km

Jeppies 42km

Pirates 21km

Equities 32km

Edenvale 21km

ODD 50km

Run Zone 32km

Birchwood 21km

OMTOM 56km

Cradle 21km

Colgate 32km

RAC 10km

Durbs 70.3

Should keep me busy for the first part of the year :)

Nope, no Pirates 21km for me.

You know you really really really want to run over the top half of Table Mountain. Sien jou daar!

You know you really really really want to run over the top half of Table Mountain. Sien jou daar!

No I don't.

We have enough hills where I stay. No need to go and enter a race to run some hills.

So this past weekend I completed my first ever Half Marathon at Johnson Crane! 

Came in with a time of 2:32. I was aiming for 2:30 so not at all disappointed, and being my first Half Marathon, I just wanted to finish! :clap: I will train better and start improving.

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, as it was my first ever 'big race' vs other 10km and 15km races I've done.

Will there be more? Abso-frikken-lutely! :thumbup:  Already planning Robor Schaffolding or Wally Hayward as my next 21km.

One thing I was not expecting is the stiffness of the muscles the day after :whistling:  but epsom salts baths are helping a lot. Would adding in some foam rolling help or make matters worse?

I did this run without being apart of a club. But will be joining Benoni Northens AC this Wednesday :thumbup:

Came in with a time of 2:32. I was aiming for 2:30 so not at all disappointed, and being my first Half Marathon, I just wanted to finish! :clap: I will train better and start improving.

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, as it was my first ever 'big race' vs other 10km and 15km races I've done.

Will there be more? Abso-frikken-lutely! :thumbup:  Already planning Robor Schaffolding or Wally Hayward as my next 21km.

One thing I was not expecting is the stiffness of the muscles the day after :whistling:  but epsom salts baths are helping a lot. Would adding in some foam rolling help or make matters worse?

I did this run without being apart of a club. But will be joining Benoni Northens AC this Wednesday :thumbup:

Foam rolling helps a lot, you will recover much quicker. Make sure there are no kids around as you will be swearing a lot...

PS. Congrats on joining a club... and not just a virtual club. You won't be disappointed.

Foam rolling helps a lot, you will recover much quicker. Make sure there are no kids around as you will be swearing a lot...

PS. Congrats on joining a club... and not just a virtual club. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks Hacc, I look forward to being apart of the club. And thanks for the tip on foam rolling, I know it hurts[emoji23][emoji1303]

Came in with a time of 2:32. I was aiming for 2:30 so not at all disappointed, and being my first Half Marathon, I just wanted to finish! :clap: I will train better and start improving.

Will there be more? Abso-frikken-lutely! :thumbup: Already planning Robor Schaffolding or Wally Hayward as my next 21km.

One thing I was not expecting is the stiffness of the muscles the day after :whistling: but epsom salts baths are helping a lot. Would adding in some foam rolling help or make matters worse?

Well done!

As a fellow newbie, I can imagine the feeling of finishing a 21.

I.t.o. Stiffness, I find a slow ride (on the road or IDT) works extremely well to flush any lactic acid out the system. Foam rollers help but not as effective as spinning the legs. Minimal resistance/no hills, @ 80-90rpm.