ScottCM

• Replies 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to this thread's OP... he's doing IM tomorrow, on the back of limited training runs. Have a safe one, hope to see you on the telly crossing the finish line.

@barry superb sub 4 bergville. Is that an A batch? I know 4:20 is a B .. So I'm guessing it is

Yes, A-Seeding. Awesome run there Barry.. 

Good luck to this thread's OP... he's doing IM tomorrow, on the back of limited training runs. Have a safe one, hope to see you on the telly crossing the finish line.

Is this on dstv tomorrow?

Woho a Buffalo managed a spot in the C pen today. Absolutely perfect day at Irene today (if you went early )

Was going to ask. Well done, it is a good race to improve your seeding. 

@barry superb sub 4 bergville. Is that an A batch? I know 4:20 is a B .. So I'm guessing it is

Stretch. Do you know of any running races taking place around Dublin next weekend (13/14 April)? I've found the Great Ireland 10k run so far

Woho a Buffalo managed a spot in the C pen today. Absolutely perfect day at Irene today (if you went early )

Well done.

Please could you send me any comments to me - good or bad for Irene Running Club so they can take it up for next year. I was the mad marshal at the 40km mark BTW.

So every year due to the single road entrance traffic is always a mess. Which as you know caused a delayed start.

I knew this from last year so went very early and slept in my car.

Other than that it's a really well organised race. Water points were brilliant, marshalling top notch and a nice vibe

I like the fact that you get to see the Elites running at the midway turn around point.

Just puts things in perspective, they are super humans.

Definitely one of the better organized races Gauteng.

But the guys running 5 hours or longer where the groups are much bigger might have a different experience.

I really can't fault the race organizers on anything.

(A second entrance to the venue would be great but I know there is only one entrance at the bottom)

Or warn people to come early

I'm not clued up on events up there but a quick Google brought up the roundwoood reservoir trail run. Looks quite goodhttps://www.runireland.com/events/roundwood-reservoir-10k-trail-run/

Thank you. Will look into that but it might be a bit of a trek to get there using public transport.

From what I've seen in Europe we are very very spoilt in SA with the number of running events taking place every weekend in SA. Particularly loads of longer distance 21s and marathons.

Thank you. Will look into that but it might be a bit of a trek to get there using public transport.

From what I've seen in Europe we are very very spoilt in SA with the number of running events taking place every weekend in SA. Particularly loads of longer distance 21s and marathons.

You would get to Bray and Wicklow by Dart.. But getting to the venue would be quite difficult.

Interesting you say that... There are 2 or 3 races a week at the moment... But they are all 4mi 5km 10mi distance. The ultra focus of SA means that races are 21 and 42 and short distances are done with weekly club TT. People run marathons as training runs.

What I am loving here are these short distance races. 4mi races are brutal... That's 5km pace for 6.5km... And then 10mi races... Those hurt! Just around my area (15km circle) we've had a 10mi race on both weekends and a 4 mi race and a 5km race in the last 8 days. The last 10mi race I did in Feb was 2500 runners. Our club 4mi coming up in 2 weeks is 800 odd runners. and then there's all the cross country runs.. Not trail runs... But short distance xc... Which also have a few runs a week. Running is big here.. But the focus is very different