ScottCM

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the availability like of the Nike Vaporfly 4% in SA at the moment?

Nike Online store and 7-14 days for delivery normally. Sizes in both colours.

@barry superb sub 4 bergville. Is that an A batch? I know 4:20 is a B .. So I'm guessing it is

Yes, A-Seeding. Awesome run there Barry.. 

Cheers, Stretch and Lexx. I didn't realise that was an A batch until I saw your comments. I only gave it a bit of a push over the last few km because 3:59 sounded nicer than 4:01. Thanks for the heads up, I don't think I would have known to update our Comrades entries.

Couldn't have asked for better weather for an ultra, though. Cool, overcast conditions. The only tricky section was that 5km stretch on the dirt road that had been churned into thick, shoe-sucking mud but it made for a bit of a fun break.

Edited by Barry Stuart

High-5 to Mrs Barry Stuart, taking more scalps at Arthur Creswell!

Thanks, CBlake, I'll pass it on. You kicked off some kind of addiction when you subbed her your Comrades entry. Before that, she didn't even want to run a marathon.

She dropped me at 5km and never looked back. Fair to say that Salome, Nandi and Lisa were all using it as a firm effort training run but then so was Jess until the last 10km when she decided she wanted the win. But that was good encouragement for her given that she's a bit shy and in awe of all the other good runners around her.

She passed one of the elites at midway, who probably assumed she was an eager new runner (with her backpack and hydration flasks she didn't look the part of a race-snake), and was advised she was probably running a bit quick for her goal and could slow down. It was definitely meant kindly but still worth a chuckle afterwards.

Edited by Barry Stuart

a bit shy and in awe of all the other good runners around her.

Oh how the tables have turned!

Thanks, CBlake, I'll pass it on. You kicked off some kind of addiction when you subbed her your Comrades entry. Before that, she didn't even want to run a marathon.

She dropped me at 5km and never looked back. Fair to say that Salome, Nandi and Lisa were all using it as a firm effort training run but then so was Jess until the last 10km when she decided she wanted the win. But that was good encouragement for her given that she's a bit shy and in awe of all the other good runners around her.

She passed one of the elites at midway, who probably assumed she was an eager new runner (with her backpack and hydration flasks she didn't look the part of a race-snake), and was advised she was probably running a bit quick for her goal and could slow down. It was definitely meant kindly but still worth a chuckle afterwards.

Wait.... Where did she come? Did she win her age group. Where are the results?

Had a good run thanks, the bus all got there A's comfortably.

What ! Damn some pretty serious runners in our midst

What ! Damn some pretty serious runners in our midst

Haha, remember we are cyclists first.

Our bus on Sunday was made up of 4 runners with sub 3 marathons and one with a 3.03. Two years ago none of us had run close to 3. A little focus and cement goes a long way.

1st Overall. Results are on the race website. She is running superbly well.

Holy balls.. Didn't realise that! Superbly well done... Boxer KPMG or nedbank are gonna come a knocking shortly!

Saw Caroline in a couple of the S4J action pics from the Irene race, but she doesn't appear on the results page. Wonder how she did?

Yoh, there is alot of hubbers in the A batch at this years Comrades.

So there are all these run calculators and things which can give you estimates for certain distances based on other results. Has anyone tried one out and got the result expected or what not?

So there are all these run calculators and things which can give you estimates for certain distances based on other results. Has anyone tried one out and got the result expected or what not?

They are there and thereabouts. If you run conservatively on the day you'll probably get what they say..... But you always go out like a bull in a China shop and end up missing that goal slightly

They are there and thereabouts. If you run conservatively on the day you'll probably get what they say..... But you always go out like a bull in a China shop and end up missing that goal slightly

Story of my running life