ScottCM

• Replies 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would seriously advise against that because everyone runs the race on the day VERY differently. Rather take someone like Norrie's splits and make sure you are there and thereabouts at those points at the time.

Im sure the same goes for busses?

Especially if you are trying to get past / around one to run ahead as they tend to block the entire road

Merge, mingle fart and pass.... It's easy bro

had a look at the nike trail shoes, anyone running in them? Comfort wise they seem good to me, just they will not stay those colours for long, wondering about durability. 

had a look at the nike trail shoes, anyone running in them? Comfort wise they seem good to me, just they will not stay those colours for long, wondering about durability. 

I saw Camille Herron been pushing them. They seem to be getting more keen on trail now

I feel the OMTOM relay is just wrong. I guess for them it is about making more money out of desperate runners that couldn't qualify for whatever reason. 

What is next, a relay at Comrades?

You either run the full ultra or you don't. I have been struggling since Comrades last year, so I will rather sit this year out than just run 28km.
Do they get the same medals/t-shirts/bragging rights?

I feel the OMTOM relay is just wrong. I guess for them it is about making more money out of desperate runners that couldn't qualify for whatever reason. 

You either run the full ultra or you don't. I have been struggling since Comrades last year, so I will rather sit this year out than just run 28km.

It's a Half-Tom of course... the two medals combine to make one medal and you get a relay related tee?

I dunno, they are definitely making money out of us, but as someone who duffed up my qualifying this year knows, it's cool that you can at least do something with that expensive accom and trip down to the Cape. I guess it would be different if it was the big goal for the year? 

I feel very similar about Half Ironman - seen way to many folk call themselves an Ironman, but having only done a half. It's not even half dammit... it's like only 30% of the effort :)

But yeah... I will seriously cringe the day we've got 21km Comrades finishers  :blush:

Where are they fitting all these extra runners?!

You already can't breathe on race day morning amongst all the bodies.

bragging rights... hahahaha. So many people 'doing Oceans' or 'Just done Oceans' while obviously having done the half.

It's the same as when I see all the social media posts saying 'I am an Iron Man' from East London or Durban half IM weekend.

Nah, you're more like the tin man. But socials bro.... 

But really, It bugs me not. If they want to create a new class for more inclusion then rad. I will still enjoy the run just as much. It's a personal journey and awesome training run for me, so what other people get up to on the same road closure isn't a concern.

I would seriously advise against that because everyone runs the race on the day VERY differently. Rather take someone like Norrie's splits and make sure you are there and thereabouts at those points at the time.

Oh definitely. Just using the file as a guide. And when to expect inclines declines etc. I don’t know the route in Durban. So this is the next best thing I could think of from Cape Town. Did the down run in 2016 and it still a bit of a blur to me.

Out of interest sake. Any other Muslim runners here attempting this year. Interested to hear what training will be like during Ramadan.

Rather get pace chart from Rassie Pretorius (closer to the time on Western Province Pace Setters' FB page)

He allows for start delay, ascent/descent, fade at the end...

It's a Half-Tom of course... the two medals combine to make one medal and you get a relay related tee?

I dunno, they are definitely making money out of us, but as someone who duffed up my qualifying this year knows, it's cool that you can at least do something with that expensive accom and trip down to the Cape. I guess it would be different if it was the big goal for the year? 

I feel very similar about Half Ironman - seen way to many folk call themselves an Ironman, but having only done a half. It's not even half dammit... it's like only 30% of the effort :)

But yeah... I will seriously cringe the day we've got 21km Comrades finishers  :blush:

It will be a sad day if they bring in a 21km on the same day as the Comrades. And I guess it will probably happen in future. Its all about the money and profit.