ScottCM

• Replies 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skyrun should be on that list.

Sky run is definitely not even close to being in the top 10 hardest trail races in the world.

I don't know if it's even the hardest 100km trail race in SA.

It's awesome, rad and it's tough, but compared to other 100km trail races round the world, it definitely doesn't stack up.

No disrespect to the race, but this is 'in the world'... Not really sure if the Sani Stagger should be there but then it is an opinion piece that doesn't even include the Barkley Marathon so why not?  :ph34r:

Sky run is definitely not even close to being in the top 10 hardest trail races in the world.

I don't know if it's even the hardest 100km trail race in SA.

It's awesome, rad and it's tough, but compared to other 100km trail races round the world, it definitely doesn't stack up.

No disrespect to the race, but this is 'in the world'... Not really sure if the Sani Stagger should be there but then it is an opinion piece that doesn't even include the Barkley Marathon so why not? :ph34r:

Well they've got Sani Stagger on there. Edited by Mudsimus

Well they've got Sani Stagger on there.

hahaha yeah... I did say that in my last sentence... Opinion pieces probably written by a Someone with ties to South Africa!  

Edited by Jewbacca

hahaha yeah... I did say that in my last sentence... Opinion pieces probably written by a Someone with ties to South Africa!

Sani stagger is hard... But nowhere near as hard as the Skyrun .. Or even the mnweni marathon

I see a few Hubbers also ran the RAC wilds route this morning instead of the Pirates reverse route.

Marc Lindsay

marc-lindsay-bio-pic-150x150.jpg

Marc Lindsay is a writer based in Scottsdale, Arizona. He holds a master’s degree in writing from Portland State University and is a certified physical therapy assistant (PTA) and an avid cyclist and runner of over 20 years.

Ya that list is a waste of time, UTD160 is definitely harder than Sani Stagger...

But they are all not in the same league as other races, 

other unmentioned races:

Marathon Des Sables

PTL at the Ultra Trail Mont Blanc (the last 160km is the UTMB route) 25 000m of ascent in total

Gobi 250km trail run

There is an Iditarod trail invitational race

Ya that list is a waste of time, UTD160 is definitely harder than Sani Stagger...

Even UTD100 is harder, I mean it actually starts off with the Sani Stagger and then you still have 60kms to go!

Even UTD100 is harder, I mean it actually starts off with the Sani Stagger and then you still have 60kms to go!

FYI I tried to answer you on Trailhub (but my posts don't show up there...)

Randburg Runner has a good selection of Altras, Troisport stocks one or two, Drifters in Sandton City had a couple, but they're moving somewhere in Bryanston, Nicolway I Think (but don't quote me on that)

FYI I tried to answer you on Trailhub (but my posts don't show up there...)

Randburg Runner has a good selection of Altras, Troisport stocks one or two, Drifters in Sandton City had a couple, but they're moving somewhere in Bryanston, Nicolway I Think (but don't quote me on that)

Thanks CBlake, it is strange that trailhub forum, I could see in the "latest forum posts" box that you had replied, but when I go into the thread there is nothing.  :wacko:

I see there is a 10/21 km in Pretoria on Saturday the 18th, Quatro Race of Hope 21/10/5

https://www.entrytime.com/event-details/?EventId=6022

(Don't know if that side of the Jukskei is too far for you)

Thanks, Hacc, I entered that Quatro Race of Hope you suggested. I toyed with the idea of a trail run but I think my legs are desperate to get that high turnover that one gets from a short road race. They're getting jumpy now. You going to be there?

Drifters in Sandton City had a couple, but they're moving somewhere in Bryanston, Nicolway I Think (but don't quote me on that)

Grosvenor crossing as far as I know.

#WillRunForBeer

Great Breweries 25km yesterday - running through/past the breweries of Duvel Moortgat, Brouwerij Bosteels and Palm Belgian Craft Brewers. Surprisingly a lot of off-roading for a 'road race', but good fun none the less. Will be back for the full next year. 

post-62668-0-11936700-1557733347_thumb.jpg

post-62668-0-07413000-1557733358_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Hacc, I entered that Quatro Race of Hope you suggested. I toyed with the idea of a trail run but I think my legs are desperate to get that high turnover that one gets from a short road race. They're getting jumpy now. You going to be there?

I was thinking about it but unfortunately due to family commitments I am not going to be there. 

Enjoy the race!